Occasional Contributor

Jai Bracelet TSV 3/01

I got this bracelet when it was the TSV in early March. Today it fell off my wrist, luckily while I was at home. It came apart where the bracelet is attached to the clasp. It's supposed to be a great clasp but I have read where others had the same problem. Sadly, returning.

Respected Contributor

Re: Jai Bracelet TSV 3/01

@maggiemeow   Just an FYI.  You an get authentic Bali made bracelets from ShopLC at a fraction of the price they charge for these.  I have a large collection from there and from Robert Manse on HSN and Samuel B on Evine (a little more money than Shop LC), and they are just as good if not better.

Laura loves cats!
QVC Customer Care

Hi @maggiemeow I am so sorry that happened. Was it the JAI Sterling Silver 3.7mm Hammered Bead Box Chain Bracelet? If so we do have stock so if you like please return it for a replacement/exchange. I will comment your account that you will be returning the bracelet.

Contributor

I agree Sam B on  and Robert M both  of them  make great barlets .  No problem with either of them.  

Valued Contributor

I also own the TSV 3/01 bracelet and two of his 3 silver bead station bracelets that I wear together. I have had the opposite experience. I wear mine 24/7 - in the shower; sleep in them - I don't baby them at all and have never had a problem.  Sorry you had a bad experience and think you got a defective one. Hope you get a relacement with zero cost to you.

Respected Contributor

@schmadsquad wrote:

I also own the TSV 3/01 bracelet and two of his 3 silver bead station bracelets that I wear together. I have had the opposite experience. I wear mine 24/7 - in the shower; sleep in them - I don't baby them at all and have never had a problem.  Sorry you had a bad experience and think you got a defective one. Hope you get a relacement with zero cost to you.

I think the problem is the swivel.  I had the gold bead bracelet.  Like you i wore it 24/7.  After maybe a week or so, don’t remember exactly i woke up and the swivel mechanism was jammed to the hook.  I had to take it to the jeweler to get it off.  It didn’t break, but it was close to it.  I sent it back.  If you read the reviews on the TSV there are many who just had the mechanism detach and fall off.  I think they should get rid of that mechanism.  I have three with it and do not wear them 24/7.  

Honored Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

@schmadsquad wrote:

I think the problem is the swivel.  I had the gold bead bracelet.  Like you i wore it 24/7.  After maybe a week or so, don’t remember exactly i woke up and the swivel mechanism was jammed to the hook.  I had to take it to the jeweler to get it off.  It didn’t break, but it was close to it.  I sent it back.  If you read the reviews on the TSV there are many who just had the mechanism detach and fall off.  I think they should get rid of that mechanism.  I have three with it and do not wear them 24/7.  

I think the mechanism is generally ok (based on my experience and reviews of other bracelets with the swivel).  My guess is that in making it a TSV item the Q made them go cheapo on the interior design of the swivel clasp, and thus ruined it.  I am sooooo leery of QVC TSVs; you just know they're going to short-change something...

My two swivel clasp bracelets were both TSVs (I think), but I didn't order the bead one.  I think they got a little c*cky knowing they'd sell a zillion of them and took a shortcut somewhere.  I could be wrong, but they seem to operate that way lately.

“One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.” ~ Plato
Contributor

Yikes! I ordered the bracelet TSV, received part of it tarnished, sent it back and reordered. After reading these reviews I’m scared to wear it. 

Do you all wear yours mostly 24/7? Will it tarnish??

Thanks!

Valued Contributor

I wear two of the 3 bead and one of the 5 bead (tsv) 24/7 and have not experienced any tarnishing at all. About once a month I take them off and "clean"  with a jewelry polishing cloth.