Honored Contributor

Re: Jai 24" necklace on waitlist cancelled!

I have never heard of him either.  I just took a peek at his website he has beautiful jewelry.  The prices are much better than Jai.  

Trusted Contributor

That truly was a beauatiful chain, @Beeweaver .  I can see why it sold out.  Seems like all is not lost, though, since you have some good suggestions to pursue.  Good luck in finding your heart's desire!

Valued Contributor

That’s a co-incidence, I just the Mother’s Day catalogue in my mailbox.

Not immediately sure why they’re mailing in my area. Cacti, cowboy boots, Texas, trailers and “Ya’ll” charms don’t seem like the obvious target for Connecticut customers! 

It’s nice to see something different though. I usually only get Sundance jewelry catalogues and I just stand there, flicking through them in the kitchen, shouting ‘HOW MUCH??!!!’ 

This Avery jewelry isn’t for me but the prices are good. If you compare the $67 James Avery compass ring and the more expensive Jai version, I think you’re getting what you pay for there. Don’t know how that reflects in the rest of the line but I think that’s an indication. I’m sure it’s a good choice for many things though.

Respected Contributor

@Pagan wrote:

Not immediately sure why they’re mailing in my area. Cacti, cowboy boots, Texas, trailers and “Ya’ll” charms don’t seem like the obvious target for Connecticut customers! 

It’s nice to see something different though. I usually only get Sundance jewelry catalogues and I just stand there, flicking through them in the kitchen, shouting ‘HOW MUCH??!!!’ 

This Avery jewelry isn’t for me but the prices are good. If you compare the $67 James Avery compass ring and the more expensive Jai version, I think you’re getting what you pay for there. Don’t know how that reflects in the rest of the line but I think that’s an indication. I’m sure it’s a good choice for many things though.

LOL!  This is the charms catalogue. There is one page in the back devoted to SW themes and another 6 charms in the oodles that are presented that are Texas.  The rest of the catalogue has bracelets, necklaces, and lists of charms for them as well as religious themed pieces, earrings, rings.  Most of the rings in this issue are not flashy pieces but meaningful.  Their website has so much more.  And i bet they even have a Conn. charm or two.  😉

Valued Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

@Pagan wrote:

LOL!  This is the charms catalogue. There is one page in the back devoted to SW themes and another 6 charms in the oodles that are presented that are Texas.  The rest of the catalogue has bracelets, necklaces, and lists of charms for them as well as religious themed pieces, earrings, rings.  Most of the rings in this issue are not flashy pieces but meaningful.  Their website has so much more.  And i bet they even have a Conn. charm or two.  😉

Ha ha! I see- thanks!

State charms aren’t for me anyway, I’m not American, but that’s good to know.

Honored Contributor

Didn't the designer Avery pass away last year, or am I confused?  As for the JAI chain, they just can't put in an order for one.  These are made in large quantities and when the batch is gone, it's gone.  All I can suggest is keep checking back, perhaps someone will return theirs and it will end up on the website.  Waitlists are filled from returns, you know.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@depglass wrote:

Didn't the designer Avery pass away last year, or am I confused?  As for the JAI chain, they just can't put in an order for one.  These are made in large quantities and when the batch is gone, it's gone.  All I can suggest is keep checking back, perhaps someone will return theirs and it will end up on the website.  Waitlists are filled from returns, you know.  

You remember correctly.  But he had been pretty much retired for some time.  He was the founder, and i expect the company will carry on in his tradition.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Wow!  I had no idea that waitlist items were returns!  Not sure if Iike that idea.  I want new product not someone's returns.  Yuck!