Respected Contributor

Jackie Kennedy's Cartier Watch

[ Edited ]

I just saw where Kim Kardashian bought Jackie Kennedy's watch.   The watch is engraved on the back and was given to her by Prince Radizwell, her brother-in-law.   Isn't this the watch replica that was sold here?  Wasn't the story about how she went to Cartier and bought a man's watch and they had to make it for her size wrist after JFK was assasinated?  The news article states that she was given this before he died.   

Honored Contributor

Re: Jackie Kennedy's Cartier Watch

I remember the QVC watch you describe and remember that she went into Cartier and bought and redesigned the watch by herself and for herself after her husband died.  I don't know what the Radizwell watch looks like but am guessing they are two differing Cartier watches....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor
Trusted Contributor

You both sound correct.  I've had the one sold on Q for years, & the quality can't be beat.  Still looks great & works perfectly after many years!  I never get tired of looking at it.

Trusted Contributor

What next, the paper clip necklace? Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@MarkeieMark wrote:

What next, the paper clip necklace? Woman LOL

I have that necklace and LOVE it.  Didn't Phillip say that there were only 4 original ones in the world and that Jackie Kennedy wanted Co Co Chanel's famous paper clip necklace and that her daughter, Caroline, bought this at an auction and gave it to Jackie, a few years before Jackie passed away.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

On certain news sites they are showing the pic that we all saw here at QVC with Jackie in a turtleneck wearing the watch.  It looks smaller than the one offered here.  My friend has that watch and it's beautiful.  The Smithsonian Is still selling it. 

Respected Contributor

Here again, I hope her bragging doesn't get her in trouble again - you would have thought she would have learned the first time.  People have a way of knowing who buys those big ticket items. 

Honored Contributor

Jackie would flip in her grave if she knew Kimmie was wearing her watch. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment