Trusted Contributor

JTV's "Girlfriend Friday" shows

Love watching this show on Friday nights with Misty and Nikki; I could watch Misty anytime. Those girls are a hoot and a half. I've been watching JTV on and off for years, but just recently actually started watching with some consistency....especially on Friday nights. And I just made my first purchase not too long ago............a .55 ct diamond ring. Honestly, I was pretty sure I would be sending it back. It looked so pretty on TV and was under $140.00 with free shipping. But wow.......I can't believe the sparkle this ring has. Of course they aren't high grade diamonds.......but man do they sparkle and shine! LOL

For those of you who maybe have been watching this show regularly for a while.....does anyone know who the host is that has been on in the mornings around 5:00 a.m. (CST). She is honestly, the only host from any shopping channel, that I just cannot watch or listen to. So of course I instead listen to our local ABC station for morning news and weather. I don't know who this woman is and don't even see her picture listed on their host page,but there is just something about the way she presents stuff. Or maybe it's her voice. I honestly can put my finger on it, but just can't watch her. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Respected Contributor

Re: JTV's ""Girlfriend Friday"" shows

I've seen the Girlfriend Friday a few times and they are fun to watch! They're good friends too and that's probably why they ""click"" together so well.Smiley Happy

I'm not sure who you're asking about at 5 am because I thought they switch around time slots and hosts but what does she look like? They don't have all the hosts listed on the host page which I think is odd.

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Super Contributor

I've been watching Jtv lately and girlfriend friday too!! What can I say, it's been a really, really long winter here in NY! Matter of fact I will be watching tonight most likely since its snowing here AGAIN. I'm trying to think of who you mean but I never watch at that hour. There is one host who I do not like her voice, very nasal (I don't know all their names) she is hard to watch and then there's a blonde woman who I've seen somewhere probably on another shopping channel who I find a little annoying. I do like Cheryl Ells, she's a riot!
Super Contributor

There's a few hosts who work the 5 am slot. Kristen, she's young with blondish chin length hair, nasal voice. She recently left for a number of months to work the cruise lines with her boyfriend. Michelle Lau, platinum blond helmet hair, talks in a fast monotone without ever taking a breath, gyrates the rings with her thumb from underneath her hand (which grosses me out for some reason). Then there's Rebecca, with dark shoulder length hair and a smoker's voice. She is fairly new. The other new host is Nicki, young with lots of long dark hair. She's very energetic and kind of silly. I can't watch Rebecca or Michelle.

Super Contributor

You can check who the host is by looking online at the JTV website. Under ""Airing Now"" tab there is a program guide and it lists who the host is for each show.

Respected Contributor

I've tuned in a couple of times. The chemistry between them is genuine. After a while, though, I tire of it and switch channels.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Respected Contributor

You may be referring to Rebecca Moore. She is a is a former vendor guest at Shop At Home and former host at Gem Shopping Network. She and Mark Brown were the founders of EmVee TV which is no longer in business.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Valued Contributor

I am a JTV and qvc addict...lol. So yes girlfriend Fridays are cool. You never know what those to will do. They are best friends outside of work, have been for years. Just as Dawn and Cheryl are. As for the 5am gal it I am not awake that early, but it could be Michelle. Usually the hosts have their time zones. Jeff is a gemstone host, I just love him. He's a great host and helpful. I contacted him to help me with a signature tanzanite and got a great one and a deal! It appraised for 3x what I paid for it. They are definitely the place for stones and jewelry.
Respected Contributor

On 3/21/2015 BklynKinsey said:

You can check who the host is by looking online at the JTV website. Under ""Airing Now"" tab there is a program guide and it lists who the host is for each show.

That's a good idea. I didn't know they had that program guide with host names.Smiley Happy

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Honored Contributor

Michelle Lau is a quite a seasoned host, she was on HSN for many, many years. I think she is lovely and very sweet, and well prepared.