Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Other than platinum, white metals such as silver and white gold are plated with rhodium which can be redone by a jeweler. Around my neck of the woods that costs around $50 for a ring.

It just deosn't last very long, especially a ring.  My 18K white gold has rhodium and has never changed in appearance.   have a tri color 18K ring that has white gold, but not rhodium.  I saw a note the jeweler did after I brought it in to be repaired.  I had no idea it was without rhodium. Anyway, that ring shines just as well.  Ultra fine silver from QVC is amazing.  No rhodium but it outshines Sterling Silver and doesn't tarnish!

Honored Contributor

Not all white gold is rhodium plated. Sometimes the white gold metal is alloyed to make it white through to the core, rather than yellow, and if that type of alloyed white gold is rhodium plated then when it wears off it's not as noticeable as it would be on silver or yellow gold.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Not all white gold is rhodium plated. Sometimes the white gold metal is alloyed to make it white through to the core, rather than yellow, and if that type of alloyed white gold is rhodium plated then when it wears off it's not as noticeable as it would be on silver or yellow gold.

My tri color18K white gold ring still shines.  I've had it over 12 years.  And it does not have rhodium on it.  It has 3 seperate colors.  Yello, rose & white. The white part does not have rhodium.

Honored Contributor

I have silver rings with rhodium plating that are 20 plus years old and the rhodium plating is just fine.  I only buy silver rings that have rhodium or platinum plating because I know I am getting a finish that will last for many years.  JTV does re-stock some of their items so if you really like it, put it on your wish list and look for it.  

Trusted Contributor

I have this ring.  It is very feminine and the cut of the center stone is most unusual.  I am very happy with it.  Looks believable  too.

Honored Contributor
I have never had rhodium come 9ff. I love rhodium over silver. My rings never tarnish. I really enjoy my Bella rings. Vanna K has beautiful pieces.
Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@twentysixteen wrote:

Very pretty unique setting @songbird ! Smiley Happy

@tarsmom I thought of getting it, but my size sold out (the ring I would like to wear this)   Anyway typical of how unique Bella Luce is coming and how boring DMQ is...

I am watching JTV, : this ring is back in stock.  I believe it is 29.99Smiley Happy  Enjoy

Super Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@songbird wrote:

@twentysixteen wrote:

Very pretty unique setting @songbird ! Smiley Happy

@tarsmom I thought of getting it, but my size sold out (the ring I would like to wear this)   Anyway typical of how unique Bella Luce is coming and how boring DMQ is...

I am watching JTV, : this ring is back in stock.  I believe it is 29.99Smiley Happy  Enjoy

Thanks @sunshine 919 !

Ive been looking ever  since @songbird's thread!

Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

Not of fan of JTV.  Too much silver rings with rhodium on it that lasts 6 months.  But I like this one.  Clover ring.  Saw it this moning between election results. Pretty thing.  Sold out in the common size 6.  Would have loved to see this diamonds set in 18K.  Wow.

White Cubic Zirconia Rhodium Over Sterling Silver Clover Ring 3.25ctw

This ring is in stock.  On this morning with Jennifer.  29.99.  A lot of good prices for valentines day. #bjl351Smiley Happy  Happy Sunday ladies