Esteemed Contributor

@Major Shopper wrote:

@QVCkitty1 is correct. They use UPS Innovations (I had no idea) and my package ordered 12/2 is still in limbo! According to tracking, it got to the P.O. 20 minutes from my house on 12/14 and is now MIA!

CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NON-EXISTENT! I had to revert to posting on Misty Mills' FB page to get any help! (She messaged me back right away!)

Still waiting for my package and still no help from customer service! Best of luck if you run into any problems with JTV. BUYER BEWARE!!!

My recent experience was quite the opposite.  It is NOT their fault that an item isn't delivered.  I had a package transferred from UPS to USPS and never "saw or heard from again" via tracking number.  I called them and they could see what I saw - no movement.  I was advised to wait seven days and call them back if theyhadn't been delivered.  In the meantime I filed a case # with the USPS

After the seven days were up, I called them back, JTV filed a claim as the vendor, sent me a legal document to sign for verification of non delivery and reordered the piece and sent it to me overnight AT THEIR EXPENSE. 

During this season, the delivery companies hire temps and you never know when "something will fall off the back of the truck."

To the OP, I'm pleased with my purchase.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Super Contributor

Re: JTV gemstone jewelry

[ Edited ]

@MyGirlsMom Glad you had a positive experience. I hope my story ends the same as yours! Thanks for sharing your experience!

Respected Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@AKgirl2 wrote:

Quantity vs. quality...IMO, if you're looking for quality, this isn't the place!

@AKgirl2, where in your opinion, can you purchase "quality" gemstone jewelry?  Mind you I know what to look for in color saturation of stones....

Thanks.

I have always purchased my jewelry from a (trusted) jeweler my parents went to.  I always purchase jewelry in person, and receive an appraisal with my purchase.  That's just me,  I like to try on as well as loop the pieces I buy.   

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

JTV would be a good place for someone with little money,  just starting a jewelry collection.   None of the TV shopping channels routinely sell really high quality gemstones.   They sell to the masses.   Itiswhatitis. 

@Kachina62I, @itiswhatitis, I think Evine sells the best so called "quality" jewelery on TV, such as Bev Hills Elegance.

Esteemed Contributor

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@AKgirl2 wrote:

Quantity vs. quality...IMO, if you're looking for quality, this isn't the place!

@AKgirl2, where in your opinion, can you purchase "quality" gemstone jewelry?  Mind you I know what to look for in color saturation of stones....

Thanks.

I have always purchased my jewelry from a (trusted) jeweler my parents went to.  I always purchase jewelry in person, and receive an appraisal with my purchase.  That's just me,  I like to try on as well as loop the pieces I buy.   

Well, @AKgirl2, you have been lucky enough to have a jeweler to get the kind of stones you seek.  I don't know of many jewelers (brick and mortar) that sell that many exotic gemstones.  Maybe you're not looking for that though.

BTW, Sonia Bitton's jewelry is better than Beverely Hills Elegance in my opinion.  BVE only sells Diamonds and their clarity is not worth the price they want for it.  At least Sonia does bring in some gemstones.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I purchased a few gemstone items from JTV, but it was a couple of years ago.   The quality was excellent and a friend who's a gemologist verified the appraised value was greater than the price I paid.   I do like the fact that they allow reviews on the website (and on their Facebook pages) to remain, whether good, bad, or ugly.   Their shipping methods are outlined on their website, so I don't believe they're trying to use substandard shipping.  I've learned that our experience with all the methods varies greatly, and I think that's related to location.   Carriers really do a good job in some locales and not such a good job in others.  

I seems to me, though, that there's been a major shift at JTV in the last year or two.   I've noticed more shows with the Bella Luce line, costume jewelry, and precious metal over brass, and much less with genuine gemstones and "higher-end" products.   A couple of times when I've looked at recent reviews I've noticed more of them stating the gemstone quality was uneven, with poorly matched stones in earrings or bracelets.    Also, they no longer have as many of the more accredited gemologists as hosts.   The on-air shows have less emphasis on educating the viewer about gems than in the past, more emphasis on hard sell or more cosmetic descriptions.   So, I can't help but wonder if something is changing and their quality might not be as good as before.   I think, in general, I'd go with the recommendations of posters who actually have purchased from JTV recently.   And, perhaps, give it a try with one item to see for myself.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

JTV would be a good place for someone with little money,  just starting a jewelry collection.   None of the TV shopping channels routinely sell really high quality gemstones.   They sell to the masses.   Itiswhatitis. 

That's not true @Kachina624

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

@AKgirl2  I find Evine is very much hit or miss.   I've gotten  a ton of returned garbage from them,  and once in a while a good piece.   I'm opposed to their $6.99 s&h for one tiny piece of jewelry.   Have no plans to do much shopping there in the future. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

That's not true @Kachina624

@itiswhatitis  Okay,  YOU  buy it,   I'll buy from a reputable local jeweler. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

I purchased a few gemstone items from JTV, but it was a couple of years ago.   The quality was excellent and a friend who's a gemologist verified the appraised value was greater than the price I paid.   I do like the fact that they allow reviews on the website (and on their Facebook pages) to remain, whether good, bad, or ugly.   Their shipping methods are outlined on their website, so I don't believe they're trying to use substandard shipping.  I've learned that our experience with all the methods varies greatly, and I think that's related to location.   Carriers really do a good job in some locales and not such a good job in others.  

I seems to me, though, that there's been a major shift at JTV in the last year or two.   I've noticed more shows with the Bella Luce line, costume jewelry, and precious metal over brass, and much less with genuine gemstones and "higher-end" products.   A couple of times when I've looked at recent reviews I've noticed more of them stating the gemstone quality was uneven, with poorly matched stones in earrings or bracelets.    Also, they no longer have as many of the more accredited gemologists as hosts.   The on-air shows have less emphasis on educating the viewer about gems than in the past, more emphasis on hard sell or more cosmetic descriptions.   So, I can't help but wonder if something is changing and their quality might not be as good as before.   I think, in general, I'd go with the recommendations of posters who actually have purchased from JTV recently.   And, perhaps, give it a try with one item to see for myself.

Thank you @dooBdoo for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your experience with this network. 

*Call Tyrone*