Super Contributor

Re: JR is laughing all he way to the bank!

Some people have more money than sense. I think JR might as well stick a gun in your ribs...it's highway robbery. Of course no one is FORCED to buy but I think the way she markets it, presents it, is deceitful.

Respected Contributor

OP, you're never speechless.

Occasional Contributor

On 3/21/2014 12andcounting said:
On 3/21/2014 luvpoos said:

I agree also, I have never really cared for her line even years ago when it was less expensive. It's just not my style. To me she comes across as very smug and looks like the cat that ate the canary.

I totally agree. And she comes across as such a phony, in my opinion. I can't watch her shows - her phoniness coupled with the hosts fawning over her is too much to take.{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

she acts as though she is so much better than anyone,especially her 'ripkanistas"

Respected Contributor

On 3/21/2014 probablynot said:
On 3/21/2014 12andcounting said:
On 3/21/2014 luvpoos said:

I agree also, I have never really cared for her line even years ago when it was less expensive. It's just not my style. To me she comes across as very smug and looks like the cat that ate the canary.

I totally agree. And she comes across as such a phony, in my opinion. I can't watch her shows - her phoniness coupled with the hosts fawning over her is too much to take.{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

she acts as though she is so much better than anyone,especially her 'ripkanistas"

I think people choose to look at her that way.

Valued Contributor

I won't even watch her anymore. I have some of her older pieces. Why would I pay way more and get way less? I ordered a few pieces of hers a year or two ago?? They were light as tin foil and what happened to her lustrous finish?! Gone. It was super shiny silver and with the diamonique fake, fake, fake {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}. I sent them back. I am so glad I have some old pieces. Not a lot but heavy nice pieces with real gemstones and one lab created stone. But hey, two each his own. Maybe there are some buyers that never got the chance to see and feel her older pieces and they don't know any better.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh, here we go again. how many times can you post these threads which simply repeat the same thing over and over again?
Esteemed Contributor

The nasties are out in droves!! It seems worse this visit than in recent history.

Honored Contributor

I think people just resent that they're being treated like they are fools. Then Ms. Ripka sits there smugly like the lady of the manor looking bored with the whole thing. I can't blame her for that since I am too.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

It's not nasty to have an opinion about JR's pricing. And apparently even her followers are not buying the TSV because the last presentation was this afternoon and it hasn't sold out. Interesting that QVC describes it as ""imported"" but doesn't state from where. Tells me it's more Chinese junk.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/21/2014 kachina624 said: I think people just resent that they're being treated like they are fools. Then Ms. Ripka sits there smugly like the lady of the manor looking bored with the whole thing. I can't blame her for that since I am too.

100% accurate.

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad