Contributor

JR Leather Wrap Watch. Help me select a color :)

Hello Ladies!

I have not posted here in a looooong time, but I would love your help! I would love to own the JR leather, wrap watch and need your thoughts on a color choice. ( I will not be purchasing this is multiple colors- lol!)

I find black a bit too harsh for my liking, so I'm thinking white might be a nice, all-year-long color choice. Can I wear a white watch all year long?? The tan is nice too, but then I'm not sure that would go with everything. I would love your thoughts!!!

TIA!

Super Contributor

Re: JR Leather Wrap Watch. Help me select a color :)

Hi Suzy,

I have black and turquoise and love them both. I'm in NY, and although I could wear a white watch all year long, it is doubtful that I would. Are you sure the black doesn't work for you? It does go with everything. I'm sure that whichever one you pick, it will be a winner. It's a fun watch.

Contributor

I wear a lot of navy and the green looks really smart. I feel I can wear it with many other colors too.

Honored Contributor

I got the turquoise but sent it back. Decided I like Issac's version of this watch better, Since this is an occasional piece, for me, and not an everyday watch, I also liked his price better. As for white, I think you can wear what you like, but this is a true white and not an off-white that might be more year around. Personally though, if that's the one you want, I'd not hesitate to get it in white.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I first purchased the Black when this Watch was originally presented. Loved it so much - bought the Coral when JR presented the new colours. For me - they are both 'all year' wear. The Black is somewhat a matte Black - not bright or shiny at all - would not describe it as harsh. The Coral as well is a matte - and the colour perfect for 4 seasons. Just wore the Coral today - with Black Silk Crop Pants, Black/White Tee, and Royal Blue Silk Shirt Jacket - the Coral Watch looked great. In the fall/winter - I wear Black, Brown, Dark Navy, Gray & Tan colours - both watches work.

Valued Contributor

I loved the look of this watch and decided to get the tan color to wear as a neutral. That doesn't mean it fades into the background. It's very striking and very wearable, sporty, and I'm happy with my choice. Now I'm deciding whether to get a second one. I considered black but I have a JR black watch and I have white watches. So, I'm looking at the blue, red or green to wear as an accent color. Whatever you'll choose, I hope you're happy with it. It's a great watch.

Contributor

Thank you ladies! I think I'm down to two colors! Lol. I'm trying to decide between the camel and coral.... maybe I will have to get them both eventually!
Honored Contributor

Between the two, I'd opt for the coral. It's a pretty color and not, as I recall, a really intense coral, so would likely work with almost anything you might choose to wear.

Contributor

On 7/14/2014 stevieb said:

Between the two, I'd opt for the coral. It's a pretty color and not, as I recall, a really intense coral, so would likely work with almost anything you might choose to wear.

Thanks stevieb! That's the one I originally wanted but then I started thinking if I only pick one..... I needed to stay "classic." I do love that shade of coral! I almost feel like ordering both so I can try them on! I just hate having to send things back.

Honored Contributor

Suzy, I get the 'classic' thing and more times than not I'd be right there with you... It's one of the reason most of my bags are neutrals, but in looking at the colors, I have to say, I just don't think the black or brown flatters this watch...

Good luck with your choice!

Smile