Honored Contributor

JEWELRY CLEARANCE AFTER HOLIDAYS?

IMO the Q missed the boat with this one!! Not I saw anything that blew me anyway, but anyone looking for a jewelry purchase for gift giving or for themselves, would have more likely purchased it on sale/clearance with e/p. If QVC is concerned about their bottom line, it just makes sense to have had these shows in Nov. and early Dec. I'm positive the vacuum cleaners and head lamps could have traded all their time slots. I wonder who is making these decisions because they sure aren't working.

Honored Contributor

Re: JEWELRY CLEARANCE AFTER HOLIDAYS?

@Shanus wrote:

IMO the Q missed the boat with this one!! Not I saw anything that blew me anyway, but anyone looking for a jewelry purchase for gift giving or for themselves, would have more likely purchased it on sale/clearance with e/p. If QVC is concerned about their bottom line, it just makes sense to have had these shows in Nov. and early Dec. I'm positive the vacuum cleaners and head lamps could have traded all their time slots. I wonder who is making these decisions because they sure aren't working.

@Shanus

I'm pretty sure they had jewelry shows in Nov and early December.    

Lots of retailers are now having clearance sales.  I just bought a couple pair of earrings, and at good prices.   The holidays are over, and people are using all the gift cards they got.   I don't think there's anything wrong with their timing.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44. Were any of the jewelry shoes before the holidays marathon clearance jewelry shows w/ easy pay? That was my point. 

Honored Contributor

The don't do a lot of jewelry shows now and that can only be because the Qvc customer buys more vaccum cleanser, cosmetics and cookware than than jewelry.  However, the whole jewelry inventory is available at our finger tips at Qvc.com.  There is no need for anyone to wait for a jewelry shows.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Tinkrbl44. Were any of the jewelry shoes before the holidays marathon clearance jewelry shows w/ easy pay? That was my point. 

They are in clearance mode now, they are clearing the wharehouses to get ready for new inventory.  The weren't in clearance mode in November or December. 

Valued Contributor

Okay, there were some jewelry shows prior to Christmas but...at three am!   Qvc seems to have jewelry on a shelf as a filler between really important shoe shows...there is no emphasis on gold, gems,new designs.  They are free to make those merchandise decisions but for me I see very little to purchase from qvc...unlike earlier times when I would see at least one item each week that I had to have.  Maybe in this new year a 14k eterna gold star will again shine on the qvc prime time programs.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus

No retailer wants to mark things down to half price in November if they can help it.   Would YOU if you ran a retail business?    You'd want to sell as many things at full price as you could.    November is too early for "marathon clearance jewelry shows".   I think you're expecting too much.     JMO

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44  Hi. I don't expect 50% markdowns before the holidays, but IMO I would have liked some break on prices of jewelry instead of waiting for a total clearance of all jewelry in January. If the Q is not doing well financially & viewers aren't watching the holiday presentations because of boredom w/ same products, sticking in a reduced jewelry show for gifts or self could't hurt. 

Honored Contributor

@Gabidog  I agree that jewelry shows have been put on a back burner. Perhaps Michael Dawkins & RLM, who used to have shows all the time on Desiner Day saw the writing on the wall.

There used to be an interesting line of unusual jewelry called Echo of a Dreamer ((?). It looked like it was direct from an art gallery. I assume Barbara Bixby took its place. Those pieces are quite expensive!! From what I hear & see by the start of BEAUTY IQ channel, that's where the money is, but you can only have so much makeup. Accessories, like jewelry, change your outfits and keep them from being boring.