Esteemed Contributor

Re: JEWELERS GONE FROM Q AND MISSED

Don't know her name or if someone else mentioned it - but that nice lady from Bali.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Trusted Contributor

Most of all I miss Lee Sands.  He always gave you a colorful show in his Hawaiian shirt and presentations of shell jewelry.  Hope he's enjoying retirement.

Lee Sands.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I was thinking how many jewelers are no longer on Q. I can think of:

Kenneth J Lane

Barbara Bixby

Ann King

Robert Lee Morris

Micahel Dawkins

Honora

Who do you remember and miss?

I remember them all but miss none.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

How sad these vendors no longer are on the air.  I used to love the shows that featured Jackie’s replica jewelry.

Even though I am trying to cull my stuff, I so enjoy seeing different jewelry as a form of art.

I have several pieces from a very talented designer who used to sell at juried craft fairs.  No fairs now, and even so, I think he was heading for retirement.

In an extremely rare outing, we discovered “Zealandia Designs” in a small gift shop.  DH bought me a piece and offered me the choice of another piece for Christmas.  Just to be polite, I obliged.

@PamfromCT.  I looked up your Zealandia Designs.  Very nice and right up my alley.  Unique designs, organic materials.  It would fit in nicely with my collection.  Good DH!

Esteemed Contributor

I have some beautiful pieces that I am so glad I bought years ago. I'm not buying anything these days but I am happy to be able to turn to designer pieces that I purchased years ago.

Super Contributor

I just remember one jewlery showwoth RLM and I believe lisa mason...

RLM Said if we listen, rocks will speak to you...Lisa said, yes they can inspire you...he said No,,,they actually talk...

Honored Contributor

Wasn't there a Dominique Duarte?  (Probably spelled the last name horribly!).

I have a beautiful collar for pendants from her.  Two twisted tubes of silver.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG. Yes, Dominique lived in and imported Taxco, Mexico sterling.  I have quite a bit of it.  After she left QVC, she went to ShopHQ but her jewelry was of a much lesser quality.

Valued Contributor

Always like Lee Sands.Man, seemed like he had been around forever.I liked Imperial gold lady.Kenneth Jay Lane always seemed so knowledgeable. Nolan Miller always had nice shows.

Honored Contributor

Not a big fan of fake rocks but Tacori was a cut above, no pun intended...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...