Respected Contributor

Is all JAI jewelry made in Thailand? Was John Hardy also made there? Just wondering

Respected Contributor

Re: JAI and John Hardy Jewelry

@Carolina925 

John Hardy has a jewelry compound in Mumbai, Bali where his jewelry is produced.

It appears JAI jewelry is not made at this facility, pretty sure it's a separate company.    

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I thought Mumbai was in India?  Off to find an online map.  I think the old name is New Delhi.  

Edit:  I give myself 50%, definitely flunking geography.  Mumbai is in India but the old name was Bombay. 

Esteemed Contributor

@depglass John Hardy claims he makes his jewelry in a compound in Mambal, Bali, a small island that is part of Indonesia, not India.  

@rockygems123 

Respected Contributor

@Carolina925 - I love that both Jai and John Hardy jewelry are made in Thailand. I find the craftsmanship of the jewelry makers in that part of the world to be superb. The pieces of silver jewelry that I have that were made in Thailand are my most treasured and enjoyed. Judith Ripka used to have all of her silver jewelry manufactured in Thailand (except for her watches). 

When jewelry is manufactured well, it stands the test of time.

Regular Contributor

Is Jai jewelry the only jewelry the Q has to offer. It really isn't that pretty. It is on the masculine side and all looks alike. On top of that it is terribly expensive. The hosts fall all over Scott like he is a God or something. QVC used to have lovely jewelry. I wish the CEO would bring the old back because this stinks

Trusted Contributor

@brcala wrote:

Is Jai jewelry the only jewelry the Q has to offer. It really isn't that pretty. It is on the masculine side and all looks alike. On top of that it is terribly expensive. The hosts fall all over Scott like he is a God or something. QVC used to have lovely jewelry. I wish the CEO would bring the old back because this stinks

I find the vendor hard to watch.

I like the jewelry but I don't buy anymore because it all looks the same to me and I'm happy with the few bracelets and rings I have.

Contributor

Brcala and Candyagain, my pocketbook wishes I felt the way you two do.  Every visit, there are so many things I want.  I really like and enjoy Scott as a designer, and I love so many of his pieces, especially the two tone items.   

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I ordered  the hammered circles three strand bracelet.  I have always wanted that one, but it sold out a long time ago and hasn't returned until now.  I saw it early in the day on line Tuesday and it was available in all sizes XS to XL.  I waited a couple of hours and then definitely decided to order, but by then the only size available was an extra small, and I needed a medium.  I kept checking back during the next couple of hours, and finally a medium popped back in.  I snatched it up.  My order is still saying, "Preparing your Order," so I will just continue to hope for the best.  On occasion in that situation, the item goes to back order, but it doesn't even seem that waitlist is an option.  

Regular Contributor

I bought the Garden Party Ring with the hummingbird and ladybug surrounded by flowers. It is beautiful. Its hard to find a really we made hummingbird ring. Most a big and gaudy looking.