Respected Contributor

While the Ripka necklace you mentioned in your post is not one that appeals to me as the gauge is too tiny for my personal taste, I can say unequivocally that the Ripka chains made in Thailand are of superior quality to most other jewelry chains on the market.  If you look closely at the links on her chains, they are never undetailed, but made from special molds with intricate carving detail.  They all have texture on them somewhere, and her clasps are not generic, either.  I wear many of my enhancers from other designers on my Ripka chains, and the quality of those Judith Ripka chains rivals those of John Hardy, Jai, and David Yurman, because they are well made.  Even something with smaller links, like J334980, are weighty as they are solid, and they can support much larger and heavier enhancers.  

Esteemed Contributor

I like some JAI, I like some Judith Ripka, I like fine jewelry also...not allmof some or the otherl Every brand has its stars and stinkers.

The TSV for all its fine points was still being sold -- and hard -- up until midnight. And that's not normal for his box chain bracelets.

Not everyone's idea of beauty/quality is the same: weight isn't always an indicator, for example, because some prefer a more delicate aesthetic, while in reverse, "dental floss" jewelry isn't worth consideration for others for whom heft is everything.

As a friend once said when we had a spirited discussion about the fine jewelry business, including her passion/my distaste for opaque gemstones and my devotion to white metals and her dislike for anything other than yellow gold, the value or worth of a piece is whether it makes your heart sing and how much you're willing to pay for it. 

Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1. Very well said!  Our tastes are all so very different, and we are all entitled to love, like, dislike, or very strongly dislike various gemstones, metals, and jewelry items accordingly.

Super Contributor

I got my Leopard ring today, the one with the paws - I love  it.  It is so fantastically beautiful.  Quite frankly I can't understand the complaints about the eyes.  The face is exquisite.  Yes green eyes would be more prominent but it is so beautifully done.  The face looks like a real leopard  Now I am tempted to go for the bangle.  I ordered a size up to 8.  I really wish QVC would offer half sizes on pieces like that.  It fits now because it is hot and my fingers are bigger.  Once it get cooler outside it will be loose.  May be it will still fit on my right hand then.  A size 7 would have been too small.  This is my first Jai piece and it will not be my last.  QVC, please offer half sizes on rings like that. 

Respected Contributor

Welcome to the Jai Leopard Jewelry Fan Club.  Enjoy your lovely new ring, too!