Super Contributor

JAI Gemstone Necklace and the Special Deal Bracelet Question

I had been wanting the gemstone necklace in blue topaz since it was first introduced.  When I saw the matching bracelet at the special price, I decided to order both as a Christmas present from my husband.  When they came, the stone in the bracelet was a pretty color blue.  I wish it had been a bit darker, but it was nice and saturated.  The necklace stone was so washed out that it didn't even look blue.  I am a big JAI fan and have always felt that the quality was really good for these items, but after wanting this necklace for so long, I am very disappointed.  Do any of you have this necklace in blue topaz?  Is you stone a true blue topaz color?    Do you think there is a chance that if I return it for a replacement, that I will get a necklace that has a stone that matches the bracelet?   I really wanted the topaz because I wear quite a bit of denim.  Advice is needed and appreciated.  

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: JAI Gemstone Necklace and the Special Deal Bracelet Question

Id say the chance you'd get a matching stone would be "iffy" at best.  Obviously, no effort was made to have a color match.  A jeweler could probably replace the stone if you were willing to pay the price.   Makes you wonder about the quality of Jai. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

If it is item # 396332, the color of the stone is a washed out blue. I purchased the necklace last summer during a jewelry day sale. I was a little disappointed but I did keep it. If you don't like the color I would not try ordering another one. Read the reviews. 

Regular Contributor

I was really tempted by this recent TSV, but unfortunately have found in the past that JAI's gemstone quality is not up to my standards. I've tried several times with different pieces, different gemstones and at difference times of the year and am always disappointed.  At least it does curtail my spending where his pieces are concerned. That and the ridiculously high prices over the last couple of years.