Honored Contributor

Re: JAI Brand New Alaska Collection

[ Edited ]

I don't own any JAI but I LOVE that equestrian cuff. I'm sure it's $$$

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

Sneak Peek Alert....

Our brand new Woven Rope Chain Collection was inspired by the beautiful tradition of the Native Alaskan Elders of Kotzebue who weave and repair their fishing lines and their ropes while they share their legendary tales of the Alaskan Sea with the youth from their village.

This important tradition is not only a necessity for this fishing village located above the artic circle but helps preserve their rich history that dates back to the 15th Century.
Our brand new woven rope chain is a modern symbol of all that ties our future with our past.

Let this keepsake design become a part of your story and a daily reminder of the those who came before you and their legacy that you represent as you continue to create your future.

Please join me Feb 6 & 7th when the entire Alaskan Collection will debut on QVC.

Our new Woven Rope Chain measures approximately 5.7mm wide and will debut in your choice of a bracelet and/or necklace.

Just wait to you feel this lay upon your skin...... it’s a total winner.

-Safe Travels /\ Scott

No photo description available.

Esteemed Contributor

Carolyn Pollack did a textured version of this chain (I own two)

Honored Contributor

@patbz wrote:

So far, this collection doesn't project my idea of Alaska at all!

Me either. i was thinking more along the lines of Native Alaskan designs with wildlife motifs.

Esteemed Contributor

So far, I'm not feeling the Alaska angle, either, but it's early. Scott doesn't disappoint.

But what horri ble timing! Right on the heels of Gem Day...and I'm a gem-a-holic!

Respected Contributor

Well, dear Sammycat, what did you get on Gem Day, pray tell?

Esteemed Contributor

@Jersey Born

Gem Day is Feb 5, and I have never not purchased something on it...that's what I mean about lousy timing for JAI! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1.  Oh!  LOL. I guess I have not been paying attention to the upcoming arrival of Gem Day, apparently.  I must tell you about the supremely gorgeous Namibian amethysts that Michael V. has brought to E, since we are discussing gems.  I already have a cushion cut pendant (which must be worn on my silver neck collar as it will flip on just about every chain) and a large oval amy ring from MV in that same stone that I bought to coordinate with the pendant, and the color is just divine on both pieces, and different from most other amethysts.  These are masterpiece sized gemstones without any visible inclusions and with full medium/dark color that is kind of toward the pinky purple, yet still  deep in saturation (and by that I mean nothing at all like a pale Rose de France color) and with incredible flashes of blue undertones! I truly love these amethyst stones from Namibia.  I'm sure they will drop from their current $300 price on or near the day they are aired, FYI. I am very picky with amethysts, too. I don't need any more of them, however, even though the new princess cut amy ring is calling to me.

Respected Contributor

I am looking forward to seeing the new Jai designs (30 of them!) that Scott will be bringing to QVC.  I like that new chain, and I am sure there will be other items that speak to me, too. 

Honored Contributor

I think the line used to be more John Hardy-ish.  I don't like the direction it's going in right now.  It's still beautiful, but I used to see many pieces that I liked but now there are only a couple of things I'd like to get my hands on.