Super Contributor

JAI BOX CHAIN LARGEST BRACELET IN SMALL

I did not know the specifics of the bracelet but I paid overc250.00 $ in 2020. I just started wearing the bracelet this January. When I bought it I believe they were presented as a tsv in the middle box size . I ordered the larger one . Today my bracelet broke at the clasp. The famous clasp that turns around so it is easy to put on. The clasp did not break but the bracelet came apart from the clasp showing a point as if it was glued or saudered . I called CS there is no warranty on JAI . I went to my jeweler and it is going to cost me 75 $ to buy another clasp. Now every single piece of jewelry I have purchased from QVC has broken including diamonique and My Saint my hero has tarnished and the wires have poked out .why don't more people write honest reviews or I think we should be allowed the opportunity to wait at least 6 months to post our opinions and reviews after we try products or wear our jewelry. I am digusted. So disappointed. At least I didn't spend a fortune on any of the ridiculous gems and overpriced gold and silver sales QVC has sold recently. All I can say is buyer beware.
Honored Contributor

Re: JAI BOX CHAIN LARGEST BRACELET IN SMALL

@Grace6663582    I've heard other complaints about JAIs swivel clasps breaking.  Pressure needs to be put on the wonderful Scott Grimes to warranty his expensive products that he says are so superior.  Have you checked his Facebook group for a solution?

You can write your review at QVC at any point you wish but you can only write it once.  Too bad we can't write addendums.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Waiting 2 years to begin wearing anything can be a problem waiting to happen.  I've never tried anything from this JAI guy, but the way he comes across in his presentation's, seems like he would bend over backwards to make his customers happy.  He certainly must have a lot of loyal customers... He's on plenty with Jane, and she gushes over him.

Honored Contributor

@MarkeieMark    LOL, Jane would gush over mud if it was sold by QVC!

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@MarkeieMark    LOL, Jane would gush over mud if it was sold by QVC!

@Kachina624 Ain't that the truth. ugh Smiley LOL

Respected Contributor

I almost believe that it is impossible to create a piece of jewelry that will not break, unless it is very heavy duty stainless steel.  I think a silver clasp that moves will eventually loosen.

I find that silver is a soft metal and I have had various silver pieces come apart in the past, one a QVC purchase right out of the bag. That is one reason why manufacturers will rarely set larger diamonds in silver--the prongs will not hold the stones.  Another reason I do not buy silver  jewelry is because I hate to polish it.

I also have lost stones from my gold jewelry, broken various links, and have had clasps fall apart, mainly through wear and tear, but every once in a while through an accident. Even platinum needs to be polished to remove scratches.

The only fine jewelry warranties I know require frequent checks of the jewelry to ensure all is well, or only address defects, or expire in a year or so. 

After decades of buying and wearing jewelry I realize that I must take special care with my fine pieces, and try to buy only diamonds or other hard stones that are heavy duty prong or bezel set in thick gold bands if I want to wear them frequently.  I also go to a very reasonably priced jewelry repair to have stones replaced, bands sized, clasps fixed, etc. at least once a year.  I consider Diamonique and My Saint disposable pieces that are good for a brief time, but not at all long term investments.

Honored Contributor

Yes, $75.00 is a pretty hefty price to pay for something that shouldn't have broken in the first place.  Our jewelers around here are doing the same thing.  I paid more to have a bracelet soldered recently than it cost in the first place.  I suggest you and everyone try out your purchases immediately, and that includes clothing.  I've learned the hard way, buying pieces for a future season and putting them away. Then I find out there is a major flaw or it just plain doesn't fit as I expected.  Bad-mouthing QVC may make you feel better, but everything they sell isn't defective.  

Occasional Contributor

I had the same thing happen to me. Fortunately I was in my kitchen when it fell off. I took it to a goldsmith and had her souder the clasp back on but kept it stationary instead of swiveling. In my mind there is no need to have the clasp swivel. I've been wearing it non stop for the last five years with no issues, never take it off. As long as they keep using that clasp I will not be purchasing any more bracelets from Jai.

Honored Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper    I can't tell you how many bracelets I've put on the day I get them, never take them off then about one year later they break.  I think the twisting and turning we do in bed has a lot to do with it plus they rub against the bed linens.  

Many of mine were tennis bracelets which are very flimsily made with links attached by a tiny sliver of metal thinner than a sheet of paper.  Anyway, I now remove them at bedtime and find they last a lot longer.