Honored Contributor

I hate his gemstones.  Semiprecious to the hilt.  And almost always the same suspects.  

Super Contributor

I can relate, I only love certain Jai pieces. I can say the earrings I got from him are really outstanding, and I wear them a lot. I like Jai version of one earrings more than Yurman. 

I don't wear his bracelets, except for one, they tarnish badly, no problem with rings or earrings or necklaces. For some reason, I am not capable to clean his bracelets, they become dull. No amount of polishing help to restore the shine.

Honored Contributor

Over-priced. Most of that JAI stuff is too expensive for what it is.

Honored Contributor

Re: J421766 Jai necklace

[ Edited ]

@alice87 wrote:

I can relate, I only love certain Jai pieces. I can say the earrings I got from him are really outstanding, and I wear them a lot. I like Jai version of one earrings more than Yurman. 

I don't wear his bracelets, except for one, they tarnish badly, no problem with rings or earrings or necklaces. For some reason, I am not capable to clean his bracelets, they become dull. No amount of polishing help to restore the shine.

@alice87    If you stored them properly in anti-tarnish jewelry boxes, you'd never have your silver tarnish.  I've got silver I've owned for years that is bright and shiny but has never been polished.

Get yourself a polishing cloth called a Sunshine Cloth (Amazon & eBay) to take care of those dull bracelets.  Then wear them often to also help.keep them from tarnishing.  Silver worn daily also doesn't tarnish.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Over-priced. Most of that JAI stuff is too expensive for what it is.

@SilleeMee   I agree.  I've seen many high end silver chains that I like much better than the mass-produced Jai pieces.  In fact, Jai looks kind of tacky in comparison.

Honored Contributor

JAI is a David Yurman wannabe.  I get emails from them and they are much worse price-wise than JAI.  My issue with JAI is they don't even carry top quality of the basic five gemstones (blue topaz, peridot, garnet, citrine, and white something).  Two black spinel pieces I bought recently were not opaque, one I could see the glue right through the stone.  For this kind of money they could throw in a few exotics. They still could make a handsome mark-up.

Valued Contributor

@Kachina624  When you state yellow cloth,are you speaking in general or color? I looked and when I searched yellow cloth,I got brands like Sunshine,etc. I have some Bixby and Native American jewelry I would like to clean. 

Thanks in advance.

Honored Contributor

@Estates   Sorry, I must be in a brain fog this morning.  It's a Sunshine Cloth that's yellow.

Super Contributor

Kachina, I had all kinds of cloth in my 20 years of QVC jewelry. I live in Seattle area, nothing helps here. I can tell you, Yurman does not tarnish, Pandora does not tarnish, Tiffany is easily cleaned, same as Barbara Bixby, no problems with cleaning tarnish. 

Super Contributor

depglass, I am not sure Jai has peridot. He usually make jewelry with quartz, green or olive in color. I have no problems with his stones. For the price the quality is very good. But if the line start charging 700 dollars prices, you are right, the scrutiny will be harder over gems quality.