Frequent Contributor

J365693 14K Gold Black Opal and Diamond Ring

I found this ring stunningly beautiful. I've never seen anything like it. Does anyone know why it is not on special financing? It is listed for $4,575.00 and 6 easy pays of $762.50. Did I miss something on the check out page or did I mishear Jane? I did hear her mention the price goes up at midnight. I would be interested if it were on special financing, however I can not understand why it is not.

Frequent Contributor

Re: J365693 14K Gold Black Opal and Diamond Ring

I just received my answer from customer service rep, William. Apparently there is no special financing on this particular item.  (Very curious why it was not offered for special financing.) Anyhow, Happy Holidays.Thank you, William.

Valued Contributor

I saw that ring too. The black opal is so beautiful.

Esteemed Contributor

@NewNickname1x1000 , gorgeous!  LM

Respected Contributor

I love opals. Took a look at this ring, don’t think the photo is that good though. The problem with opal rings imo is that the stone can become very brittle and subject to cracking. I’ve had a beautiful opal ring do that (not at this price point). For this reason I would not put that amount of money into an opal ring. I own a beautiful black opal pendant, not from Q. I have looked at the black opal linear earrings on Q but too long for my taste. Not real opal but did purchase Courtney Casons faux opal ring and think it is just beautiful with a lot of sparkle.
Trusted Contributor

@Kindaglitzy wrote:
I love opals. Took a look at this ring, don’t think the photo is that good though. The problem with opal rings imo is that the stone can become very brittle and subject to cracking. I’ve had a beautiful opal ring do that (not at this price point). For this reason I would not put that amount of money into an opal ring. I own a beautiful black opal pendant, not from Q. I have looked at the black opal linear earrings on Q but too long for my taste. Not real opal but did purchase Courtney Casons faux opal ring and think it is just beautiful with a lot of sparkle.

@Kindaglitzy I've had the same thing happen to an opal ring and an opal pendant I had some years ago.  So, although I love opals, I don't buy them.  Never had a Peruvian pink opal crack, though, so I have some of them.

Trusted Contributor

I love Opals.  They are also my birthstone.  They can crack VERY easily.  I have purchased several opals.  Even from Australia where I purchased my Black opal.  But I would never wear or purchase an opal ring or bracelet.  They crack VERY easily.  Only pendants or earrings.  Please don't waste your money.  Only enjoy their beauty in a pendants or earrings.  And they are beautiful.

Respected Contributor

very pretty ring. but....  that price, and only 1/4 ct of diamond???   SMH

Respected Contributor

I know it is difficult to be tempted by something and not have it immediately within budget.

Sometimes it is good to wait and consider, and do some research.

Perhaps Peyton is paid on commission, so he can not offer his pieces at a longer pay schedule.

I appreciate Peyton's gem knowledge, but QVC continues to set lovely stones into settings which are a bit light on gold weight, and they use a lot of smaller mediocre diamonds.

I have seen some wonderful black opal rings on GSN, although I think most of their jewelry is overpriced.  The black opal features mainly green and blue colors.

Ethiopian opals have a more rainbow range of colors, and are quite economical as compared to Australian opals. One of my favorite opal designs with lower prices are the mosaic opals, little pieces of opals all set together.

Best wishes on your shopping quest!

Respected Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

Perhaps Peyton is paid on commission, so he can not offer his pieces at a longer pay schedule.

Mr. Kelley doesn't sell the jewelry, QVC does.