Honored Contributor

J332925 -- Read Item Description Closely

I just returned this bracelet.  It's a Sterling Silver & 18K Gold Gemstone Cuff by Artisan Crafted.  I purchased the size large, my typical size.  Besides the fact that it's a daintier bracelet than it appeared on screen, the sizing was very peculiar. 

I don't think this bracelet was created in S/M/L, but instead they took the small bracelet and placed it on a size "average" jewelry tool to open the gap a bit.  Then they opened the gap a bit more for the "large" size bracelet.  Online, the written description does say, "adjusts from small to large; squeeze cuff for a customized fit."  A closer read of the description has no mention of increased silver for the larger sizes.  So, my bad for not reading closely before I purchased from the on-air presentation.  Lesson learned!

When I put it on, the gap was so wide in the large, the bracelet looked ridiculous.  Is this -  sizing open cuff bracelets -- how it's usually done in the industry?  

Respected Contributor

Re: J332925 -- Read Item Description Closely

Normally, if a bracelet came in multiple sizes, the larger one would actually be larger (have more metal) than the smaller one(s).  I'd be shocked, like you, to see that all they did was stretch the bracelet open to make it larger. That's not right.

Laura loves cats!
Frequent Contributor

That's interesting.  I took a look, it shows a S,M,L choice for the bracelet but in the description it clearly states that the bracelet is adjustable from S to L.  So there aren't 3 different sizes at all.  Why do that????  Just say it is one size, but adjusts to fit different wrists.  It is not stated that way because if they did, persons who need the large size might be hesitant to purchase, as they should.

If the gap is too wide it won't look correct and also might fall off your wrist. 

Honored Contributor

The fact they give you a choice of three sizes tells me they had three sizes to ship at one time.  I'm thinking they shipped you the wrong size.  With C.S.'s approval, to cover another return, I would chance ordering a large again if you really love this style. 

Frequent Contributor

@depglass wrote:

The fact they give you a choice of three sizes tells me they had three sizes to ship at one time.  I'm thinking they shipped you the wrong size.  With C.S.'s approval, to cover another return, I would chance ordering a large again if you really love this style. 

I don't think so.  I could be wrong, but it looks like there was only one size all along and it is considered "adjustable."  When I see large bracelets sold out in other lines, it doesn't say the bracelet is adjustable, it just says that size is out of stock.