Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

The jewelry gurus at Evine,  Paul,  Chuck and Michael,  say they're down to their last pebble of Sleeping Beauty turquoise.   Today Paul featured a ring that was reconstituted,  imitation Sleeping Beauty and bragged that it was made by an incredibly "technological" process in Albuquerque (I'm ashamed to say).   He has sunk to a new low. 

Now what collector would be satisfied with reconstituted turquoise no matter what it looked like! I was wondering what PD was thinking when he announced he was involved with this endeavor. I don't know, maybe I'm too picky.LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Re: It Finally Happened

[ Edited ]

@blackhole99 I don't think you're picky. I wouldn't purchase reconstituted turquoise either or silicon filled gold or anything bronze coverered in gold or anything with brass in the mix. I worked hard for my money. 

Respected Contributor

To me actually it is a sad event.... I always ,always loved and will love SB turquoise. 

May be it is good for my pocketbook not to be tempted anymore, but the whole idea of the closure and disappearance of our national treasure ( for me) is not a happy thing.

Paul will always sell ******, but he he has his fans. To each its own.

I am glad having my collection.

Honored Contributor

Actually true turquoise collectors aren't even remotely interested in Sleeping Beauty.  It's the darling of TV shopping because it's plain and nobody rejects it because they don't like the matrix.

True collectors are picky, picky about the color, matrix type, pattern and distribution and the mine it came from.  One thing they don't want is plain.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Actually true turquoise collectors aren't even remotely interested in Sleeping Beauty.  It's the darling of TV shopping because it's plain and nobody rejects it because they don't like the matrix.

True collectors are picky, picky about the color, matrix type, pattern and distribution and the mine it came from.  One thing they don't want is plain.

I guess I am a collector of plain then... I only love SB and Persian. But I am in a good company of all monarchs of the world who had only plain in their possession.

Respected Contributor

@SANNA wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I guess I am a collector of plain then... I only love SB and Persian. But I am in a good company of all monarchs of the world who had only plain in their possession.

I don't own any SB turquoise....or any other turquoise but I love the look of the plain and the lighter blue the better....some of the SB can be a dark greenish hue to it....not for me...give me that persian stuff LOL if I could afford it! 

Respected Contributor

That sky blue Persian!!!!! I have a 16 ctw cab stone..... in gold with tanzanites.