Respected Contributor

Is this worth the price (Judith Ripka )?

J318362

I really like this but am wondering if the $383.00 price tag is worth it? I don't know much about the price of pearls. I won't wear it much but will on occasion. I like the length and the gold(although not 14k) mixed in. I'd like opinions please.

Judith Ripka Sterling & 14K Clad Cultured Pearl 36" Estate Necklace

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Respected Contributor

Re: Is this worth the price (Judith Ripka )?

Hi, Starpolisher. Only you know if it would be worth it to purchase this item. The pearls are small, but probably very pretty. What makes this necklace special IMHO (and I do not own this one) are its 14K gold clad estate stations. Those stations are lovely designer touches that will work very nicely with all other Ripka estate items in clad, and any other yellow gold clad or yellow gold jewelry you already own.

I think it is a dressy piece that would look wonderful against a solid colored shirt or dress, or even a sweater. If you have the need for such a piece, and you will wear it and enjoy it, then you should consider it. I am drawn to that necklace, too, but I don't have a particular need for it.

Valued Contributor

I have this necklace but in the straight chain effect with the estate stations.....no pearls. Love it! Very classy! Smiley Happy Also in the 14k clad....yellow.

New Contributor

I find it interesting how the prices of Ripka jewelry has risen over the years she has been on QVC. I don't think it is due entirely to inflation.
Highlighted
Super Contributor

looks very pretty to me, must be nice doubled, too. at least it's in clearance.

Honored Contributor

If you like it and will wear it, then it's worth it. Enjoy it if you get it!

For me, it wouldn't be worth it. But that's for me, not you.

Frequent Contributor

It is very beautiful. If it will last and you wear it then it's worth it. Freshwater pearls will last longer than akoya pearls. Diamonique and the clad should be okay with proper care.

Honored Contributor

It's jewelry, so its intrinsic value is small, but because it's jewelry and you are attracted to it, it's worth it as long as you're honest with yourself than you can afford it and that you'll wear it often.

Once in a while jewelry buyers make money on their purchases, but much more often the value in jewelry is how we feel when we wear it.

Respected Contributor

While it is pretty, it is indeed very over-priced. The freshwater pearls have very little value, the same goes for Diamonique and 14k plating. I think you could find something very similar for less.

Frequent Contributor

I love the piece but am watching it for further price reductions. I did not pull the trigger at this price. I love her designer stations though. If you are afraid to lose the piece go ahead and get it home for a look see. The cost of a return is relative to a more expensive item.