Honored Contributor

Re: Is this piece way overpriced or is it just me?

On 2/14/2015 Pagan said:

I think you're paying extra for the 'Made in America' tag and the quality of the stones.

People moan and groan about the lack of American-made goods, but they surely don't want to pay the difference. I'd say $250, is a fair price for a substantial sterling hinged bracelet. You can use silver polish to buff out scratches, just don't use anything stronger than a cloth for routine polishing.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Kachina - I couldn't agree more with everything you said - that is a beautiful well made bracelet - a decent price - made in America - and far superior to some of the other designers so called ""high end"" bracelets ( ala JR)

Valued Contributor

I still have the bracelet but I did send it back when they got more so that I could get one that was NEW without someone else's scratches and scuffs. I love it so I have decided it is worth the price for me. I also have the matching ring and earrings now.

Respected Contributor

Are they exact matches? If so do they look good together or are they too much of a good thing? Just curious, I've never had a ring and matching bracelet.

Honored Contributor

If you LOVE it and can afford to pay the price they are asking, why not? Especially if it isn't something you do all the time. I figure it's all about loving the piece. I don't fall in love with a piece of jewelry lightly, and will consider the price, but ultimately it isn't about the breakdown in the value of the item... is the metal worth it, is the stone worth it? Is the designer worth it... ?? The questions to ask are, do I LOVE it enough to wear it a lot? Am I able to afford the price point? If the answer is yes to both, then you deserve it, go for it! Smile

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

On 2/14/2015 melfie said:

I feel the same way about jewelry as Pagan and Sweetbay. Jewelry is meant to be worn and that means it will get scratched. I know women who buy a beautiful ring or bracelet then squirrel it away for that special occasion. As time goes by those occasions are fewer and fewer and the jewelry stops getting worn and enjoyed. Wear your pieces with the thought it isn't going to stay pristine. Sort of off topic but I have a modest ring of my mother's that is pretty beat up and it's my favorite, most beloved piece of jewelry. Every scratch and dent is precious and meaningful. If it were in new condition it would still have importance. But knowing my mother made each imperfection makes it more valuable to me than all the money in the world.

Great post. You described exacty the way I feel about jewelry.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

On 3/18/2015 esmeraldagooch said:

Are they exact matches? If so do they look good together or are they too much of a good thing? Just curious, I've never had a ring and matching bracelet.

I think more like you. I do like suites of jewelry earrings, beads/pendant, bracelet, and/or ring but I like the pieces to compliment each other not necessarily match. I would probably go for one of the bracelets posted above or even another CP bracelet in SS & Onyx.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.