Trusted Contributor

Re: Is it just me or does anyone else find HSN'S Rarities by Carol Brody Jewerly OVERPRICED JUNK?

I've never watched her shows, but I alaways wondered about the name of her jewelry line.  Rarities??  Looking at her offerings online over the yearss, there doesn't seem to be anything particularly rare about them.  Since I don't buy plate and am not costume jewelry fan, I've never bought anything of hers.  The prices certainly seem high for what she's selling.

Honored Contributor

Re: Is it just me or does anyone else find HSN'S Rarities by Carol Brody Jewerly OVERPRICED JUNK?

Just not my style (and it does appear to be overpriced)....but for those who love it, enjoy!  

Honored Contributor

@RiRi1 wrote:

I watch her shows with such disdain for her prices for her vermeil and junk pieces it is unbelievable that she peddles her stuff and brags about it while charging an arm and leg for jewelry that I consider COSTUME JEWELRY and if it isn't it should be. It is gaudy and tasteless and her voice is also very annoying. Just being honest. Does any one else feel the same?

I would not call it junk, however her pieces are so tiny and fragile and way over priced in my opinion. 

Honored Contributor

When they dumped Victoria Weick I thought can Rarities be far behind?  IMHO they should have kept Victoria and dumped Carol.  I only bought one piece of Rarities for $200.00 and it had TWO separate flaws.  Quit watching her.

Contributor

I'm glad her jewelry makes you happy definitely not my taste but what really is pathetic is the pricing of her jewelry!

Contributor

Totally Gaudy and Extremely OVER HYPED BY HER AND OVERPRICED!

Contributor

I own a gorgeous very large labradorite pendant set in sterling with lots of blue labradorescence and it was not expensive at all. She is sooo annoying with her over the top lies about her gaudy jewelry.

Honored Contributor

I think when Carol first came to HSN, her line was much better.  But when the market tanked and money became tighter for many people, like so many other lines of jewelry, her line went downhill as well. 

Since Victoria Wieck was mentioned, she began using vermeil and sterling for her absolute line.  I'm not sure if her gemstone line remained real gold or not.

Respected Contributor

I agree. Noone in my world wears such.  It always reminds me of a fortune teller.  

Esteemed Contributor

I don't watch any of the live presentations, but I do check out what's been shown previously. That said, I agree with the current pieces that she has - a bit gaudy and over priced. I bought one ring from one of her shows years ago that is still one of my favorites - blue sapphires surrounded by a circle/swirl of white topaz - a beautiful size and presence. The things she has now are totally different from what she did 4 or 5 years ago.