Contributor

Is it just me or does anyone else find HSN'S Rarities by Carol Brody Jewerly OVERPRICED JUNK?

I watch her shows with such disdain for her prices for her vermeil and junk pieces it is unbelievable that she peddles her stuff and brags about it while charging an arm and leg for jewelry that I consider COSTUME JEWELRY and if it isn't it should be. It is gaudy and tasteless and her voice is also very annoying. Just being honest. Does any one else feel the same?

Respected Contributor

Re: Is it just me or does anyone else find HSN'S Rarities by Carol Brody Jewerly OVERPRICED JUNK?

[ Edited ]

no.

since i can't buy everything made i don't care if there is product i do not like.

thankfully i have a long list of brands and stuff that is not for me.   whew!

but here are few of my loves from rarites

rariteslabandpearls.jpg

raritiespearl14k.jpg

raritiesmoonstoneandsapphires.jpg

raritieslab.jpg

raritiesblackspinel.jpg

raritiesturqruby.jpg

raritiesbrownsapphire.jpg

raritiesopalblackspinelringdiamondnecklace.jpg

raritesdiamondxring.jpg

raritesdiamond14k.jpg

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Super Contributor

Re: Is it just me or does anyone else find HSN'S Rarities by Carol Brody Jewerly OVERPRICED JUNK?

I find her things WAY over priced too.  It's really fashion jewlery with her name on it.  Victoria Weiks stuff was 10x more classy than hers.  For the price point, I'm not going to buy, and I do love my fashion jewlery!

Respected Contributor

Maybe she has changed, but I'm picky about my jewelry,  really picky, and I have a beautiful pair of ruby earrings and an a pair of sapphire earrings that are very well made. 

However, I don't think her jewelry is as nice now. 

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, her line is overpriced, way overpriced and her sales pitches are annoying with the constant name dropping. Carol used to be a vendor in Canada on TSC too. Her jewelry regularly got poor reviews.

I own one of her rings, a labradorite and tsavorite garnet sterling silver ring that I bought for about $50 more than a year ago long after she ceased being a vendor and that is about what it's worth. It's nice but it's ordinary.

The hilarious part is the video sales pitch that went with the ring, a written appraisal form that said it was worth $500. Nope. It's not worth that much. At least it was a palladium silver ring manufactured by Nathan Hennick - the same company that makes the Gems en Vogue jewelry sold on Evine. That is why I bought it -- because of the Nathan Hennick company as I know they make nice jewelry.

Frequent Contributor

@GSPgirl wrote:

Maybe she has changed, but I'm picky about my jewelry,  really picky, and I have a beautiful pair of ruby earrings and an a pair of sapphire earrings that are very well made. 

However, I don't think her jewelry is as nice now. 

@GSPgirl , me too!!! I purchased a few REALLY beautiful pieces from her collection approximately 5 years ago: HUGE pear-shaped blue topaz (surrounded by tiny white topaz stones, I think) necklace & matching earrings, a diamond X-ring, and a showstopper (IMHO) HUGE rectangle blue topaz surrounded by sapphires ring. I'm pretty sure she only did "real" back then (no vermeil, etc.). And, I think she did some really unique pieces that I liked during that time. So much so that I purchased additional blue topaz necklaces for my bridesmaids and an X-ring for my sister. I haven't watched her lately because I got to the point where I didn't need any more jewelry, but I do remember being turned off by the vermeil and not caring as much for her new pieces.

I totally agree that her presentation can be very off-putting. Having said that, some of her information about the jewlry was interesting albeit totally over-hyped & over-dramatized.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RiRi1

Her jewelry is not my style and I don't own any of it. That doesn't mean it is worthless junk. Lots of people like and buy it or HSN would not continue to offer it. 

I never watch presentations or look at it online because I'm not interested. It doesn't bother me that it is offered and I am happy that many others enjoy her line.

If you dont don't like the vendor or her jewelry, why watch her presentations? The world offers all sorts of wonderful, interesting things to do!

Valued Contributor

There is nothing rare about her jewelry  and I personally find it a bit gaudy for my taste.

Honored Contributor

I don't care for her rarities at all.  Haven't even watched one of her shows for several years as I find her annoying.

@TY  Although it can be attractive and interesting, labradorite is one of the most inexpensive stones used in jewelry.  $500.?  I think not. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@RiRi1,

Unfortunately Rarities now it is not how it was when it started. Carol is a master seller recently I have returned most of my R pieces because they are not rare anymore.🌻