Esteemed Contributor

Is anyone buying the 14K chain TSV (1/14/16)?

I'd love a 16" chain but this one looks a bit flimsy.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

Re: Is anyone buying the 14K chain TSV (1/14/16)?

I'm not much of a yellow gold fan and the gram weight on these are really low.  That 36' chain is only 5.1grams.  That would be like dental floss wouldn't it?

Frequent Contributor

It seems whenever there is a big jewelry day, the TSV is a set of chains.  Is there nothing else they can offer?

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not a fan of hollow construction. At least on air they said that it was made in Peru. On the website they seem to be listed the majority of jewelry items as "imported". I don't like that. I want it to state where it was made. Peru usually makes a fine product and the gram weight is more than what I've seen in the last three years. I keep thinking about the 16" one now that I know it comes from Peru. i wish I could see them putting different sizes of pendants on the chains. I'm thinking that most enhancers will fit. 

Respected Contributor

Use to look forward to gold days because they would offer odd size lengths like 19", 21", 23", etc. seems those days are long gone.
Super Contributor

Most of the pieces are still too expensive. I remember the days when you could get a pair of 14kt. gold round tube earrings, 1 inch in diameter for $35-$40. Today they're $130. Sure glad I purchased my gold years ago, and most of mine is from Italy, not just "imported".

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought many beautiful earrings, chains, bracelets, rings in 14KT and 18KT gold from QVC over the years --- at LOW prices -- and HIGH quality. I have 2 gorgeous 18KT rolo link bracelets - one wider and one narrower -- for a couple of hundred dollars (and less). I still have all my receipts. QVC - Please bring back the "old" days and give us some beautiful jewelry with value prices.

Honored Contributor

Years ago I purchased a "new type" of rope that was hollow from QVC (also a TSV).  It looked substantial and I bought it (forget the price but it wasn't like today's prices).  It came and I LOVE the look, but the weight of the piece is disconcerting because it's so light.  It's lasted (but don't wear it often), it looks great and I'm glad I bought it BUT every time I pick it up to wear I'm constantly surprised at how light it is for how heavy it looks~!

I thought about the TSV in the 16" but haven't pulled the trigger simply because it seems expensive to me and I expect it to be very light.....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

LOL! I laughed when I saw the TSV...skimpy and borrrrring!

Honored Contributor

@WSfan wrote:

Most of the pieces are still too expensive. I remember the days when you could get a pair of 14kt. gold round tube earrings, 1 inch in diameter for $35-$40. Today they're $130. Sure glad I purchased my gold years ago, and most of mine is from Italy, not just "imported".

Ditto. I must have at least 35 gold chains bought 20 years ago,  I had so much gold jewelry I never wore, I sold  a bunch of it when the price peaked a couple of years ago and came out like a bandit!$$$$.  Still have plenty left. I never wear it now that I am retired.