Honored Contributor

Is Jewelry Television Shipping Always Snail Like?

I've only ordered from JTV twice. Once was right before the holidays and my item was rec'd rather quickly, probably because they were guaranteeing holiday delivery.

On the morning of March 13, I ordered a pair of earrings. As of this morning they still show as "ready to ship." 11 days later and my item still hasn't left their warehouse????????

I just wonder if this is typical of them. The s/h sure wasn't cheap and I'd expect better than this.

Honored Contributor

Re: Is Jewelry Television Shipping Always Snail Like?

That's not typical of JTV at all. I've been buying from them for several years now, as do many of my friends and I can't recall anyone complaining about late shipping. They aren't as quick as QVC, I get my things about a week after I order. Perhaps a day or two longer but I never had a two week wait. Did you call customer service?

Honored Contributor

On 3/24/2014 chrystaltree said:

That's not typical of JTV at all. I've been buying from them for several years now, as do many of my friends and I can't recall anyone complaining about late shipping. They aren't as quick as QVC, I get my things about a week after I order. Perhaps a day or two longer but I never had a two week wait. Did you call customer service?

Thanks. I e-mailed CS first thing this morning but haven't heard back. If I don't receive an e-mail by tomorrow morning and my item still hasn't shipped, I will call them.

Super Contributor

I have ordered many things from JTV through the years but lately I have found that things take FOREVER to reach me. At least 10 days. I just don't know why all of a sudden it's a problem. I do live in Northern NJ and there are a TON of households around here and maybe the postal service layed-off workers and now the burden is too much? I'm only guessing.....

BTW - JTV does offer reduced shipping pretty frequently - usually $2.99 or $3.99 an item. Sometimes when the TV shopping gods are smiling, you can even get free shipping on anything. These offers are always through their website.

Anyway - I hope you receive your bling quickly! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

We all have two lives. The second begins when you realize you only have one - Confucius
Trusted Contributor

I'm really surprized at the slow ship time. I've bought items here and there from them for years and always get it lickity-split. I just ordered a rose gold chain from them and got it in 4 days--and I live in the middle of the Mojave Desert!

Is the item on backorder or something? I'd sure ask!

Super Contributor

My deliveries from JTV are always slow. Dunno why as they are just a few states away from me. They must ship the cheapest way......

Super Contributor

I have ordered from JTV for about 2 years now & have found them extremely slow! It is because they use that shipping method where it goes out UPS and then it is given to the local USPS mail facility to deliver. Many times UPS drops it off hundreds of miles from your city & then the mail backtracks to you! I live in Denver & it seems like most of my items go through Salt Lake City which is hundreds of miles west of me! I usually give it 2 weeks!

Super Contributor

Great. That explains it then......

Honored Contributor

I just found out that they don't even have my item to ship. I was told they are waiting for the item to come in and then they will ship it to me which will be in mid-April. I told her that's not the way I do business and to cancel my order.

I saw the item presented on air and at no time did the host say it was extended delivery, back-order, whatever you want to call it. I ordered the item on-line and nowhere did it say there would be a shipping delay.

On top of that, the item was on 3 stretch pays which I decided to take advantage of because this is only my second purchase so rather than be out the entire amount, I'd be out one-third and see the item. They have already put a hold on my credit card for 2 of the 3 stretch pays and my item isn't even in their possession let alone mine. LOL By the time it would ship, all 3 payments will be pending on my charge card so I'm not sure how they figure this to be stretch pay!

Anyhow, ShopHQ offers white zircon hoops by Chuck Clemency under Gem Treasures. At some point they will go on sale so I'll just wait. My ordering with JTV is done. This left a bad taste in my mouth.

Honored Contributor

Always very prompt for me. Sign up for their emails, I get coupons every day.