Super Contributor

Re: Is Jewelry Television Shipping Always Snail Like?

Oh, Brother. How can they charge you if it hasn't been shipped yet? I wouldn't go for that either...........You sure they just didn't authorize the charge?

Honored Contributor

On 3/24/2014 LipstickDiva said:

I just found out that they don't even have my item to ship. I was told they are waiting for the item to come in and then they will ship it to me which will be in mid-April. I told her that's not the way I do business and to cancel my order.

I saw the item presented on air and at no time did the host say it was extended delivery, back-order, whatever you want to call it. I ordered the item on-line and nowhere did it say there would be a shipping delay.

On top of that, the item was on 3 stretch pays which I decided to take advantage of because this is only my second purchase so rather than be out the entire amount, I'd be out one-third and see the item. They have already put a hold on my credit card for 2 of the 3 stretch pays and my item isn't even in their possession let alone mine. LOL By the time it would ship, all 3 payments will be pending on my charge card so I'm not sure how they figure this to be stretch pay!

Anyhow, ShopHQ offers white zircon hoops by Chuck Clemency under Gem Treasures. At some point they will go on sale so I'll just wait. My ordering with JTV is done. This left a bad taste in my mouth.

LipstickDiva, My experience with JTV has been the same as some others mentioned -- fast shipping and excellent customer service. Your experience doesn't sound like them at all. (I'm not questioning the veracity of your story, I'm thinking something's gone haywire in their stocking, host presentation, or customer service.) Not that you're obligated to, but if it happened to me I'd let their corporate office know, even if I decided never to shop there again.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

On 3/24/2014 Hibi said:

Oh, Brother. How can they charge you if it hasn't been shipped yet? I wouldn't go for that either...........You sure they just didn't authorize the charge?

Sorry my post was confusing. They have authorized 2 payments on my charge card but they are "pending." One was immediate on the day that I ordered the item. It was for 1 stretch pay plus s/h. Then a little more than a week later, another pending charge came through for just a stretch pay amount. Both still show as "pending" on my recent transactions, neither has dropped off. So it appears to me they've already rec'd authorization on my card for 2 stretch pays and haven't shipped the item yet.

I would assume had I kept the order, by the time they finally ship the item, all 3 stretch pays would be pending and then go through.

Maybe I'm just being stubborn but had they told me the item was backordered, that would have been fine with me. But I object to the fact that they couldn't even bother to let me know when I was placing the order or even via e-mail after the order was placed. I've never been told by them until I called CS myself to find out what was going on.

Honored Contributor

Coincidentally I just ordered my first piece of jewelry from them yesterday. Shipment was within 24 hours. It was a clearance item that came up in the incessant advertising I get from them through Google. Guess it proves it works, although those flashing ads sure are aggravating.

Trusted Contributor

I order from JTV and never had a problem, they use the same shipping as everyone else because it obviously saves them money, UPS to start and then the US Mail to finish up so it takes longer going that method, I don't complain because a lot of their shipping is 2.99 and I don't think you can beat that. It does take them a long time to get items back in stock however. I like the quality of the items I have ordered so far and their customer service is really great and helpful. I like the fact they bring in real gold and diamonds at reasonable prices. They have become one of my favorite places to shop.

Honored Contributor

Just an update, in case ya'll care! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} I took dooBdoo's advice and called JTV corporate to let them know what happened. Apparently, the CS rep was, I'll say confused. The woman I spoke with has no idea what the shipping delay was but she said she shows 451 pair of earrings in stock. She said it must have been a computer glitch that held up my order.

I was assured that never, ever does JTV do advanced orders so there would never be a time when they had to wait for a shipment to come in, as I was told. She said sometimes they can oversell by a few items because the computer can't keep up but in those instances, an e-mail goes out to let the customer know their order is on back-order.

This lady could not have been nicer. She reinstated my order for the same price (the earrings are now $25.00 more) and upgraded me to 3 day priority shipping for free which normally would have been $11.99.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}