Honored Contributor

Re: Is Jay King leaving HSN?

@2blonde I just read your post.  It was funny today because my daughter is visiting for the month with her dog from Denver.  She drove here. 

So she's been over my house and spent a few nights here and there.  My two cats aren't used to dogs....(i.e. not very happy).  They don't fight, my cats just disappear.

Anyway, my daughter left her dog with my other daughter (at their house) and drove me to the Drs today to get my back operated on.

So, when she made sure I was home and settled in, she started walking down the stairs and my cat (Bill) jumped out at her and with his front paw tried to push her down the stairs.  

It was so funny because everyone loves Bill (even people who don't like cats, loves Bill the cat).  So, anyway, Bill jumps out and swats at her back leg!

She jumps and says, "Mom!  I don't think he wants me to leave".  

I said, "No!  He's making sure you DO LEAVE".  Ha!

I said, "He remembers you came with that other animal (her dog) and he wants to make sure you go and don't bring your 'friend' back!"  

It was really funny.  She moved to Denver around 7 years ago from Virginia.  She wanted a change in her life.  She was tired of partying and living the fast pace of the D.C. area.

She packed up, sold a bunch of stuff and up and moved.  She's so happy she'll never come back here.  But she's my baby girl and wanted to spend time with me.  She can work anywhere in US as long as she has internet service.  She has an amazing job.  She can take any kind of leave whenever she wants to.

It's the first time I've had anyone go with me to the back Drs.  I've been doing this back thing since 2003, so I can stand whatever they do to me.

She really hovers (ummm...I mean takes care of me)...Ha!  I've very, very independent.  I live alone in a big house with my two cats (like many other's here).  My late husband died in 2004.  I had a lot of cats then and one by one they died (his favorite eventually died too).

So, I went a few months without any cats and my friend (my Vet's nurse) said, "That's it!  We're getting you another cat".  

And so we did and I lucked out with Bill (after my late husband) and Katie the psycho cat.  My family hasn't ever even seen Katie til the other day she popped out for one minute.  They all went crazy!  You'd have thought they'd won some money!  So funny.  Then she was gone again.  Thunderstorms paralyze Katie the cat.  People, everything scares her.  I've never even been able to get close enough to pick her up....at all!  You should see what I go through trying to catch her to get her to the Vets (which she's due now to get the shot).

Anyway, you take care sweet girl.  Anyone who loves cats is good with me.  You have excellent taste.  Hugs to you.

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66   Linda, thank you so much for the long and entertaining note!  It's fun to know more about the posters here, especially the cat lovers!  I just can't tell you how much I love them.  My friend at work buys me a cat calendar every year for Christmas or my BD (both in December), so every day I get to turn a page and see a new cat photo!  I often save my favorites.

Bill sounds like a hoot.  My current man, Al, is 4 years old, and I've had him since he was 6 weeks.  He was supposed to be a girl (Al was originally going to be Ally), but my girlfriend who brought him to me can't tell the difference!  When she handed him over to me (he was from a feral litter), the first thing I did was flip "her" over to be sure, and well..... Ally became Al.  He's a pistol, but loveable too. In the past I've always had to coax my cats (females) into talking.  Not Al......I can't get him to be quiet.  He whines constantly......I mean, not a real meow, but a whiney one.  He argues with me just like a 2-year-old kid!

I hope you have a great weekend, I usually only post on here while I'm at work (a nice occasional diversion), so I'll be back for sure on Monday! 

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

@2blonde you scared the daylights out of me with the title of your post!  He is on this Friday, July 19, and a few days after that.  He has 23 pages of items, many of them new.  He has many pages of clearance because HSN is not like QVC, when the quantities are small, they do clear items out, particularly Jay's because he buys limited lots of gems and the items can't be repeated.  So when you see something you like at a price you like, POUNCE!  I am a huge fan and love his jewelry.  Maybe you can change the title to your post?