Honored Contributor

@Squirrel Lover wrote:

I don't follow the market so I was just curious because gold jewelry on QVC is still very expensive. They added a lot of new gold and gold and gemstone pieces and they are quite expensive. 

I feel as though I will never be able to get gold at a reasonable price.

@Squirrel Lover

Not sure why you don't follow the markets, but it's easy enough to google current prices, or anything else you want to know.   

Metals, stocks, real estate .....  prices fluctuate.   When prices drop a lot of people still don't buy ....   due to fear .....  or reluctance because they think maybe the prices will go down more and their purchase price will have been "too high".    

Some people think if you want something, buy it, even if you buy less than originally hoped for.   People buy gold jewelry because they love it, not because they think they're going to make a killing in the market at some point in the future.   (At least I hope they aren't thinking that!)

I've no idea what  you are thinking today is a "reasonable price",  but if you knew for sure that gold would $500 an ounce higher a year from now, would you consider today's price to be "reasonable"?

http://www.apmex.com/category/10000/gold

Honored Contributor

There are places to purchase gold jewelry at wholesale prices. Depending where you live, you could buy a ticket to NY, shop for jewelry on 47th street (famous for discounted diamonds and all jewelry) and still not pay as much as retail jewelry prices. Jewelry store prices are marked up at least 200%. That's the norm. Some may mark up more. QVC is marked up also.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

There are places to purchase gold jewelry at wholesale prices. Depending where you live, you could buy a ticket to NY, shop for jewelry on 47th street (famous for discounted diamonds and all jewelry) and still not pay as much as retail jewelry prices. Jewelry store prices are marked up at least 200%. That's the norm. Some may mark up more. QVC is marked up also.

@Shanus You can't buy wholesale gold from a store front as an average joe.  Jewelers might be able to, but someone like me won't find a wholesale bargain for gold in the Diamond District of NYC.  Furthermore, gold is likely not what drives their business.  Diamonds and other fine gems are.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

Check out sarrafdotcom.  I love that site.  And their customer service is superb.

Frequent Contributor

All you need to do is google price of Gold today Woman Happy

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC inappropriate

Honored Contributor

I doubt gold will ever go down a great deal.  It might go down a little causing that very rare metal platinum to  go ahead of it.  But gold is worth so much more then paper money (because of the debt and forever rise in cost)  So hold on to your gold.

Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus You can't buy wholesale gold from a store front as an average joe.  Jewelers might be able to, but someone like me won't find a wholesale bargain for gold in the Diamond District of NYC.  Furthermore, gold is likely not what drives their business.  Diamonds and other fine gems are.

QVC & other place like JTV get around it by subsituting gold and diamonds with silver and Zircons.  For fine jewelry (precious gems, diamonds & better then 14K) will continue to cost a forturne to produce & sell.

Honored Contributor

Years ago my friends father would go to NYC to the Diamond and Gold Exchange and buy the girls beautiful gold and gem stone bracelets at a deeply discounted price. I don't know if that applies today.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Squirrel Lover wrote:

I don't follow the market so I was just curious because gold jewelry on QVC is still very expensive. They added a lot of new gold and gold and gemstone pieces and they are quite expensive. 

I feel as though I will never be able to get gold at a reasonable price.

@Squirrel Lover

Not sure why you don't follow the markets, but it's easy enough to google current prices, or anything else you want to know.   

Metals, stocks, real estate .....  prices fluctuate.   When prices drop a lot of people still don't buy ....   due to fear .....  or reluctance because they think maybe the prices will go down more and their purchase price will have been "too high".    

Some people think if you want something, buy it, even if you buy less than originally hoped for.   People buy gold jewelry because they love it, not because they think they're going to make a killing in the market at some point in the future.   (At least I hope they aren't thinking that!)

I've no idea what  you are thinking today is a "reasonable price",  but if you knew for sure that gold would $500 an ounce higher a year from now, would you consider today's price to be "reasonable"?

http://www.apmex.com/category/10000/gold

Well, at least I know it's just not me. You aren't very pleasant to other posters either!!!