Trusted Contributor

I don't follow the market so I was just curious because gold jewelry on QVC is still very expensive. They added a lot of new gold and gold and gemstone pieces and they are quite expensive. 

I feel as though I will never be able to get gold at a reasonable price.

Respected Contributor

I bought all my 18K gold pieces for $18/gram and I thought that was high at the time, I believe 14K was around $12/gram.   Wish I stock piled more.

Yes, gold price are high.

Honored Contributor

Today:   $40.01 per gram

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Been pretty well staying around 1200 an oz.   If something I want bad enough I go for it. don't care. LOL

Valued Contributor

@Squirrel Lover wrote:

I don't follow the market so I was just curious because gold jewelry on QVC is still very expensive. They added a lot of new gold and gold and gemstone pieces and they are quite expensive. 

Gold has been fairly steady at around $1200 an ounce for a while, but it's also becoming more scarce as countries like Russia and China are buying it by the ton. It's not likely to go down anytime soon and never back to the days on Q of gold jewelry galore at good prices and good quality

Honored Contributor

@Quse wrote:

@Squirrel Lover wrote:

Gold has been fairly steady at around $1200 an ounce for a while, but it's also becoming more scarce as countries like Russia and China are buying it by the ton. It's not likely to go down anytime soon and never back to the days on Q of gold jewelry galore at good prices and good quality

I do remember being able to buy gold chains just about anywhere.  I even remember seeing landroms (I think thats the brand) black hills gold everywhere.  Then it seems like over night gold went up and you pay over the top prices for just a chain.  I do love yellow gold but not enough to pay what it costs now.

Honored Contributor

Great time to purchase, not great time to sell what you have for cash!

Respected Contributor

Last 17 years

gold.JPG

Esteemed Contributor

@Squirrel Lover wrote:

Yes the price of gold is still high.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

My personal view is that gold and silver prices are greatly affected by the stock market and the economy in general.  During the recession stocks tanked and gold started going up.  Now the stock market is high and people are more confident in it.  The only reason gold hasn't slumped more from the highs is there is more demand from emerging economies likes China and India.  Just my two cents worth.