Honored Contributor

Look at these earrings. The center stone has no prongs holding it in place. The center stone is being held there by the surrounding stones. I have never seen this kind of setting. I found these studs in the new Lustro Stella CZ collection on ShopLC. There are some very beautiful pieces in that collection. The prices are so low!

3335456.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Interesting stone setting.

The style reminds me of some designer ones in diamonds that I saw in a shop in the Caribbean years ago. They look like the center stone is under the surrounding ones, and being held there. It’s similar to an invisible setting.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee, if my memory doesn't fail me, I think at Tifffany's we used to call that a tension setting. One hard blow on a hard surface and everything needs to be reset.

Honored Contributor

I believe it's called a tension setting when a stone is held in place by other stones.  I saw that show, there was some gorgeous jewelry at favorable prices.  I appreciated how they explained the grading of CZ's.  

Honored Contributor

Yes, @Trinity11 . That's a tension setting. Never saw it quite like that though, with all round stones.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Yes, @Trinity11 . That's a tension setting. Never saw it quite like that though, with all round stones.

I think it is beautiful @SilleeMee . I wouldn't want it in a ring just based on practicality but in earrings, I wouldn't hesitate.

Respected Contributor

Looks like we have similar taste in earrings as they are very pretty...I ordered for my nieces and remembered one of the host saying it was a tension setting where the outer stones through pressure hold the center stones together/in place. After seeing your picture I realized I should have ordered a pair for myself.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee  If you want to see some earrings in stones and diamonds with no prongs look for Pleve earrings. They are beautiful.

Valued Contributor

I watched the debut show and saw these. They are very pretty. I like the ring they have in the same style. The designs in this brand were very nice and extremely affordable. Their stones are 4A grade quality. JTV and the Q's are 3A. I ordered this ring because I wanted to see how it compares to Diamonique.

3350082.jpg

Honored Contributor

Nice! @Tsukiko . I've been looking at the collection on the website on and off all day. It's a good thing I don't wear rings! LOL! So many beautiful ones there, a girl could lose her mind. I like the Asscher cut studs, they have a halo design...sold out now. Might get the flower studs I posted. They are small and a believable carat weight.