Frequent Contributor

Re: Interesting how we change as we grow older...

@qualitygal wrote:

I will never be too old for jewelry. LOL  There in lies the problem.Woman Wink

I agree! I got started late, though. I didn't really get into jewelry until about 11 or 12 years ago. I'm 45 and love wearing jewelry!

Honored Contributor

I haven't changed at all with wearing my jewlery.  I love picking out what I'm going to wear with an outfit.  I always wear my jewlery even going the grocery store.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee

I feel the same way about jewelry.❣️... and getting old!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

I find that over time, my taste in jewelry has changed but I'm still a jewelry lover.  I fell in love with jewelry when I was 5 or 6 years old and my Nana would let me sit on her bed and go through her jewelry boxes.  I didn't wear much jewelry in my college years; just silver earrings and a single silver bangle but that changed when I hit my 20's and it really changed when I discovered shopping channels.  I became a jewelry collector.  I'm decked out in jewelry even on the days when I don't leave my house.  I feel naked without jewelry.

Valued Contributor

awwwww c'mon ladies jewelry is what makes us feel and look like a million bucks!!!!!!!!!!!

For those of you that no longer find the thrill in wearing it, 

PASS IT TO ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Valued Contributor

My style has change.I used to love big and bold pendants.Now I prefer smaller pendants,not those tiny petite ones. From 1/4 to 1/2 wide to 1/2 to 1 inch length is my preference.I never layered my pendants until a year or so. In my opinion or taste the look is nice if the pendant is not to large.

Collecting Jewelry for ove 30 years,yet my collection is small compared to  many.

Esteemed Contributor

I love jewelry and wear it daily, but with two, full jewelry boxes, I've halted purchases. I will say, I still polish nails, but rings used to look a lot prettier on my hands!  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

Earrings are the first thing I put on the morning and the last thing I take off at night.  I used to wear statement necklaces but as the neck went I switched to bracelets and watches.  Love rings.  

Esteemed Contributor

Like many of you, I have accumulated more jewelry than I need over the years. I'm retired, so I now only wear it if I'm going out for lunch or errands or an event, and even then I find I wear only certain pieces. I finally got to the point a few years ago where I realized I do not need to buy more jewelry! It's just not as important to me, so I just wear what I already have. Jewelry is personal, so what I love is not necessary what my DILs would wear. Many of us do change as we grow older!

Respected Contributor

I am in my 70's and still love my jewelry.  I have 20 HSN stackable jewelry tarnish proof cases, a jewelry armoire and 3 jewelry chests and they are all full - real and costume - love it all - gold and silver doesn't matter.

I would not think of leaving home without necklace, bracelet(s), rings.  I feel naked without my jewelry.