Honored Contributor

Interesting how we change as we grow older...

I use to LIVE for jewelry... loved it... collected and bought it like  crazy.... wore it everyday. Have three jewelry chests full of jewelry....

Now in my 60's I hardly ever wear anything... I have to remind myself to put on earrings.... maybe a neckace IF I GO ANYWHERE.   I do not even want it anymore. Like a 360 degree turn on what I thought I could not live without.... hate wearing bracelets, rings as they just feel uncomfortable anymore. 

Super Contributor

Re: Interesting how we change as we grow older...

I sort of feel the same.  Now I only wear narrow band rings and the boxes of rings with stones and larger rings just sit there.   

Respected Contributor

I feel the same way you do. No matter what it is I am not interested. My granddaughters will maybe like them. The one thing I had done is put my mothers ring in a setting to match my gold wedding band. I do love it. It is a very old diamond. I look at it and feel she she would be pleased. 

Valued Contributor

Oh my goodness---I feel the same you all do!!! I am also in my early 60's....I have TONS of jewelry that I never wear....there was never a ring or earrings I didn't like...and now, all I wear is a thin wedding band---I throw on some small earrings if I'm going out--everything else sits. I have no one to leave my treasures to. Guess I'll tell my hubby to sell it all to pay my burial expenses when the time comes--and if I go first. The only two pieces I have that were my mothers will be left to my brother to give to his son's wives---a diamond wedding ring and a diamond heart pendant. This should be my worst problem!!!!

Honored Contributor

I haven't changed. When I was 7, at Christmas, my aunt was wearing an aquamarine and diamond ring from my uncle. I knew there and then that I loved jewelry. My love of fine diamonds started early. My mom had a flawless D color engagement ring that I loved to look at.

I still love fine jewelry and enjoy wearing it daily. This has been a very tough year for me health-wise. Looking at my wedding rings has cheered me up. And there is nothing like a pair of diamond earrings to lighten up my day. Tiffany's Victoria earrings are my favorites.

Honored Contributor

I still like jewelry, but now I wear silver exclusively. I have a whole box of gold pieces that I never wear. I sold some, but some things are sentimental and hard to let go of.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I haven't changed.  I'm in my 60's & still wear my gold jewelry which I never take off.  I've always worn large gold hooped earrings.  They don't come off either unless I want to switch up.  Yes, I sleep in them too.

I do take off my sterling silver West Indian bangles to clean every quarter as I am a swimmer.  Other than that, they stay on.  Stainless steel bracelet & gold chains/charms & rings never comes off.  They get cleaned as I bath. Smiley Tongue

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

I am leaning hard on 70 and I can hardly imagine feeling that way.  Of course I still work, so I deck myself out with my treasures pretty regularly.  DH and I often go nice places so that is another opportunity to pile it on.  When I retire in a year or so I may feel differently, but that is hard to imagine.  In any case, as I gather more pieces in my collection I tell myself that my daughter will enjoy it all some day.  She is afflicted with the same "jewelry jones."

Honored Contributor

I will never be too old for jewelry. LOL  There in lies the problem.Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

I mostly wear earrings these days. I once loved to wear necklaces but since I had neck surgery they bother me terribly.  Bracelets...I used to wear lots of them, stacked even. But now with my hands being so severely disabled, I can no longer put them on by my self and I live alone. It's so nice getting old.Woman Tongue