Super Contributor

Re: Interchangeable and Magnetic Jewelry - Not a Fan

On 7/4/2014 EastCoastViewer said:
On 7/4/2014 jugtown said:
On 7/3/2014 EastCoastViewer said:

There is a sisterhood..

Hah! It's not a cult . . many of us have met several times and chat with each other frequently. It's a wonderful friendship initiated by our love of CP and AW and N.A. designs. Are you jealous? Smiley Very Happy Also, just curious . . what CP pieces to you have that you might assume poor quality in this designer's pieces? It always amazes me when folks come out of the woodwork to make blanket statements such as yours.

"...are you jealous?" Wow, scary.

Thanks for stating your opinion and I enjoy the right to state mine. Yes, I have a CP piece and enjoy it. I don't trust magnets and don't like interchangeable but you do, so there you go.

ha ha . . you were the one who said "there's a sisterhood" . . does a sisterhood scare you?

"In my life, I've loved them all . . " The Beatles
Super Contributor

I have one silver bracelet I bought years ago off of HSN when it was on clearance. It has nine different interchangeable stones. When I was working I wore it all the time. I would just pop a stone in that was the color of the day. I received many complements on the bracelet. The magnet is very strong in mine and the stones were very secure. I think the idea is nice in that it almost gives you several bracelet looks in one.

Regular Contributor

There is a sisterhood..

Hah! It's not a cult . . many of us have met several times and chat with each other frequently. It's a wonderful friendship initiated by our love of CP and AW and N.A. designs. Are you jealous? Smiley Very Happy Also, just curious . . what CP pieces to you have that you might assume poor quality in this designer's pieces? It always amazes me when folks come out of the woodwork to make blanket statements such as yours.

"...are you jealous?" Wow, scary.

Thanks for stating your opinion and I enjoy the right to state mine. Yes, I have a CP piece and enjoy it. I don't trust magnets and don't like interchangeable but you do, so there you go.

ha ha . . you were the one who said "there's a sisterhood" . . does a sisterhood scare you?

okay, so let's just not....I hope you have a wonderful 4th!

Regular Contributor

On 7/4/2014 gazelle77 said:

I have one silver bracelet I bought years ago off of HSN when it was on clearance. It has nine different interchangeable stones. When I was working I wore it all the time. I would just pop a stone in that was the color of the day. I received many complements on the bracelet. The magnet is very strong in mine and the stones were very secure. I think the idea is nice in that it almost gives you several bracelet looks in one.

Hmm, it is unexpected to hear all the success stories with magnets. So far, no one has said a magnetic piece fell out. Interesting.

Respected Contributor

I also have the leather necklace and all the inserts. Love them and never a problem with magnets. I wish there were more inserts. But I also have the huggie hoops with the interchangeable charms. I thought there would be more charms but CP seems to have abandoned that line.

Super Contributor

I've been collecting her jewelry forever and have many of her ""magnetic"" pieces - soo strong and well done - never a problem - it's all in the quality and the type of magnets she uses

BTW - it never looks like an insert - her designs are genius that way!! and yes we are a ""sisterhood"" and proud of it!!

Honored Contributor

Sorry, I just can't get the image of the old fashioned clip earrings with interchangeable plastic stones out of my mind. That magnet was a deal breaker for me. Having said that, I did buy the Ming pearl bracelets, broke two rules. I said I would never buy magnetic closures because I lost one bracelet with one, and I said I would never buy Bronzo. Well, I hereby eat my words. Those magnetics are so strong I worry about breaking the connectors, and I can put up with that much bronze.

Honored Contributor

On 7/4/2014 gazelle77 said:

Hmm, it is unexpected to hear all the success stories with magnets. So far, no one has said a magnetic piece fell out. Interesting.

Several years ago I bought a heavy gold Byzantine bracelet with a magnetic clasp and lost it the second time I wore it. I have also lost a magnetic bead from a beautiful heavy sterling silver Joseph Esposito necklace from years ago as well. It did in fact fall out of a setting. The current magnets are quite different. I have heard of one in which the magnet came unglued and a piece was lost. I have never had a problem with one of the pieces currently in discussion.
Super Contributor

On 7/3/2014 Haca said: Carolyn is a genius with that design. I own the very casual leather necklace with multiple magnetic inserts. They have been my go-to for a year. I also own the corresponding bracelet. This cuff however goes far beyond that. Gorgeous design, 38 grams of silver!!!, and those beautiful inserts- fabulous. Btw- the magnets are very strong. I garden with my bracelets and absolutely have no fear that I will ever lose it! Best of all is that you can change the look in seconds. WOW!!

I am glad you've had success with your magnets. That's great. I just imagine myself at work, reaching out to flush and the center falling out and into the toilet. Yikes.

My boss had the same fear. One Christmas, one of the guys put up a shadow box with a pair of BBQ tongs in it, with the words "in case of accident, break glass" as her secret Santa gift. She took it down when she got fed up with explaining to countless new people what that box was in the restroom.

Honored Contributor

Magnet jewelry is not what it used to be. Because of complaints, they are making the magnets stronger and Imbedding them inside barrels or other design elements that shield them and protect from attaching to flatware and grocery carts. Many also now have a safety clasp. I have a Gems en Vogue charm bracelet that gets quite heavy when loaded with charms. I love its magnetic clasp that I can easily fasten by myself. It takes a strong pull to open it; I know absolutely that it's secure and it doesn't have any interest in steel.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment