Valued Contributor

Inside out gemstone hoop earrings-TSV

[ Edited ]

Question about the TSV hoops with inside out gemstones from around 2 weeks ago.  A few people said they had stones fall out.  Does anyone know how hard it would be for a jeweler to replace those stones as they were done with micro-pave?  I have the white topaz 2".  I thought it would not be hard to match the stones, IF any fell out but I was thinking it might be hard for a jeweler to put them back in.  I didn't get a pair with any stones falling out, but wondering if I should keep them.  I really like them and they look good.

Honored Contributor

Re: Inside outside gemstone hoop earrings-TSV

My experience with that pave-type setting, particularly hoops, is that the stones fall out so easily! I have several pairs of pave hoops with missing stones. Never again will I buy that type of setting any more. Wasted my money and I'm not planning on fixing them just to have it happen again. Too bad because the pave hoops were so gorgeous before some stones fell out. 

Valued Contributor

SilleeMee~~Thank you for the information.  I appreciate your answering my question.  I loved the hoops, but I didn't want to take the chance of having stones fall out, as some had mentionned in the reveiws under the item that this had happened upon receipt of the earrings.  Mine were perfect but decided not to take a chance as I don't have a jeweler I can easily get to.  Probably no stones would have ever fallen out, but with the $90+ cost, for me it wasn't worth it.  I don't drive, so getting to a jeweler isn't a choice. (I had the white topaz and they were gorgeous and sparkly.)  Hope those who have these enjoy them!!!

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

My experience with that pave-type setting, particularly hoops, is that the stones fall out so easily! I have several pairs of pave hoops with missing stones. Never again will I buy that type of setting any more. Wasted my money and I'm not planning on fixing them just to have it happen again. Too bad because the pave hoops were so gorgeous before some stones fell out. 

@SilleeMee   Many times the stones share tiny prongs to achieve the look. If not done correctly, yes the stones will not be held securely. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Inside out gemstone hoop earrings-TSV

@mia 2 wrote:

Question about the TSV hoops with inside out gemstones from around 2 weeks ago.  A few people said they had stones fall out.  Does anyone know how hard it would be for a jeweler to replace those stones as they were done with micro-pave?  I have the white topaz 2".  I thought it would not be hard to match the stones, IF any fell out but I was thinking it might be hard for a jeweler to put them back in.  I didn't get a pair with any stones falling out, but wondering if I should keep them.  I really like them and they look good.

@mia 2  Aren’t you still within the 30 day return policy? That’s your best choice. Replacing/matching stones and cost for jeweler’s time would far exceed price of earrings.

Valued Contributor

Re: Inside out gemstone hoop earrings-TSV

Shanus~~Thanks for your response.  Yes, I did return them a few days ago.  After I read the response from someone else who wrote what you wrote, I had to return them as I didn't want to have future repairs if a stone fell out.  Also a  few people wrote under the 2 hoop sizes item that stones had already fallen out for them. I appreciate your info.  Mia2