Frequent Contributor

Saw some wonderful Imperial Silver pieces today with Antonella, but the prices are so high! With the current price of silver under $17 an ounce, how does that justify selling an IS bracelet for hundreds of dollars?

I get that there’s a lot of handwork involved in assembling all those little silver bars. Even so, why can I go to the bay and pick up a sterling silver riccio bracelet, made in Italy and brand new, for well under $100? What’s the difference between Imperial Silver riccio and riccio pieces from other makers, other than price?

QVC prices for all silver, including non-designer, are way higher than they realistically should be. But the IS prices seem especially steep.

Honored Contributor

Re: Imperial Silver - why $$$$?

@glamwitch.  Just wait if you think prices are high now, you ain't seen nuthin yet!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I think the jewelry industry here is going to get hit hard with what is going on with the 'price war' thing since most of it is made overseas. Sticker shock will be a constant thing.

Honored Contributor

The tariff war is going to send prices sky high!

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Glad I bought my riccio years ago - have some nice Made in Italy riccio panther necklace and bracelet - bought on reduced prices - love them - so heavy - from QVC

Frequent Contributor

pieces are white GOLD not sterling silver

Respected Contributor

@Tinker Toy wrote:

pieces are white GOLD not sterling silver

No, the pieces bring referred to in the OP are silver, not white gold. They were priced anywhere from $12 to $20 per gram. The name of the show was Imperial Silver.

Honored Contributor

You would think it would be white gold but it is for silver.  I guess if there is anything you may want better get it now before the tariff war hits.

Honored Contributor

I have never cared for the riccio style jewelry in any metal.  Glad I have no interest in this.  For once I don't like something that is way overpriced.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I have never cared for the riccio style jewelry in any metal.  Glad I have no interest in this.  For once I don't like something that is way overpriced.

Sold my Imperial Gold 1/2 inch 18k gold bracelet substantial profit. Never cared for the style, guess my excuse is impulse buying. No harm, made money.