New Contributor

I have an IG bracelet that I have worn for years. Unfortunately one of the links broke. The manufacturer and QVC marketed that it was a lifetime guarantee but no one seems to have a contact including QVC Customers Service. Does anyone still have their IG contact information for repairs? Has anyone taken theirs into a general jeweler to have their fixed? 

Trusted Contributor

@esmeraldagooch  I seem to remember the links being solid rather than hollow. Any one else remember that?  I have a lot of Imperial Gold and it was all made in Texas.

Trusted Contributor

@facingourrisk_org  See if you can find a good jeweler for repairs.  I had the ankle bracelet repaired and it's like new.  The new IG isn't made as well as the old.  Using fish hooks for earrings instead of the really nice lever backs the old ones used to have is an issue for me.  Also I don't think they ever make anything with a spring ring clasp.

@facingourrisk_org wrote:

I have an IG bracelet that I have worn for years. Unfortunately one of the links broke. The manufacturer and QVC marketed that it was a lifetime guarantee but no one seems to have a contact including QVC Customers Service. Does anyone still have their IG contact information for repairs? Has anyone taken theirs into a general jeweler to have their fixed? 

Honored Contributor

@facingourrisk_org wrote:

I have an old IG bracket that I have worn for years. Unfortunately one of the links broke. Does anyone know where we can get the old ones fixed. It was advertised as a lifetime guarantee with the company but I don’t have any contact information for them and neither does QVC Customer Service.  Does anyone have a contact? Or know what to do to get an older item fixed? 

@facingourrisk_org  The original IG company in Houston went out of business.  The new company has an unlisted address; they won't even say where they're located.

I would try to find a good local jeweler that does quality repairs and pay to have it fixed.  I don't think you have a chance of getting it fixed under warranty.  Doubt you'd even want to risk mailing it to them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Try messaging Linda Oehm on Facebook.

QVC Customer Care
Contributor
I have an Imperial Gold bracelet from the 90’s. It was a 7 1/2” basket weave bracelet, which, after wearing maybe a half dozen times, stretched to almost 8”. It was falling down on my hand so I followed instructions to send it back and have it cut down. To my surprise, I very quickly received a letter from them (in Texas) stating that they were sending me a brand new bracelet instead of repairing mine. Within a week I received my bracelet and still have it. It has not stretched, so I can only assume that the original one I had maybe had some type of issue or imperfection to it in the process of making it. I truly love this bracelet and it is one of a few 14 or 18k items I had that I didn’t sell. This one will be going to my daughter/granddaughter. I hope whomever is doing the manufacturing now has the same willingness to provide a great product followed up with great service! Oh, loved seeing Linda again! She hasn’t aged a day!!!
Honored Contributor

I took my IG bracelet to a local independent jeweler and they were able to fix it.  You might want to find a good independent jeweler in your area.

Honored Contributor

I have a Imperial Gold 18K cobblestone bracelet and ring.  I'm not sure if they still make 18K gold anymore.  Did anyone ask Linda?

Honored Contributor

@VegasBusinessWoman wrote:

I will probably be pilloried in a public square for saying this, but all the Imperial gold pieces look too much alike to me.  How come the styling isn't more varied--especially at those prices!

It's solid gold.  They don't make hollow pieces.  Because of that, they are limited in the design.  All the pieces are flat.  So if you buy a bracelet, you can only wear it as one pieces.  Can't really layer.  It would look too odd. Just as well they are substantial pieces and can be worn  by itself.