Honored Contributor

If you've ordered jewelry from EVINE, do you have to sign for it?

MIL ordered a small, not expensive ($40) item and as per UPS, she has to sign for it. She won't be there so when I pick up the mail, I guess I'll have to contact UPS and have it come to my house (?). I've never ordered jewelry so I don't know if this is standard or not.

Anyone?

Honored Contributor

Re: If you've ordered jewelry from EVINE, do you have to sign for it?

Unless it was expensive diamond jewelry, that's odd. I have ordered 200 dollar cuffs from Evine and never had to sign for it, it just came in the regulat post.

Regular Contributor

I rarely have to sign for a delivery from any retailer.  However, I sent gifts to my son for Christmas directly from the retailer ~ figured I'd save some $$ on shipping.  Of course he was working when UPS attempted delivery, and they ended up sending the items back to the retailer.  It also happened just a few weeks ago with a different retailer. I am thinking it is because he lives in an apartment building and I live in a single family home.  So from now on, I am having all packages sent to his place of work.  Most of the time my regular UPS delivery man doesn't even ring the doorbell to let me know ~ he just leaves it on the porch.  (Guess he knows by now my chihuahua will let me know~ lol).  

Does your MIL live in an apartment building or something similar?  If so, this could be a possible reason. 

Honored Contributor

@Bubbles219  No, single family home. First time she's been asked to sign for an order from a retailer. I asked her what it was and it's a ring by Samuel B. It's a gift for her grand-daughter. Very pretty, Very simple. From the info she gave me, it looks like it's coming from the vendor; maybe that's why?

Thanks ladies, for your replies!

Contributor

My husband ordered a watch for me from Evine and I did have to sign for it. It was $100 item.

Honored Contributor

@delish91  Thanks for the info!

Honored Contributor

I've order some expensive watches and lots of other jewelry from Evine over the years and have never had to sign for anything.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624   THanks for this. I wonder if it's because it's her first time ordering jewelry from them? In any event, we're signing for it.

Honored Contributor

The Samuel B bracelet that came last week was switched over to the Postal Service, I'm sure the  exchange will also.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've never had to sign for Evine purchases.   Set up a UPS "my choice" account. There is no charge.  You can set your preferences for delivery including waiving the signature and location where you want packages delivered.