Honored Contributor

Re: If you've ordered jewelry from EVINE, do you have to sign for it?

Thanks everyone! I spoke to them over the weekend (in-laws) and as per MIL, UPS is usually there around noon, same time as USPS. I'll go over, water the plants, check over stuff, and hang out and hopefully catch the UPS guy when he delivers (UPS tracking says it arrives today). I'll ask him if it came directly from the Vendor or the retail location (EVINE). With the return address, we'll be able to find out if  Samuel B or EVINE requested it. Either way, she'll know for future orders (should there be any).

Thanks again!

Honored Contributor

Good morning everybody and happy Monday. I have ordered watches rings and jewelry from evine and i have never been asked to sign. Maybe something new? I just received a ring from Sam B a week ago and did not sign.
Trusted Contributor

I've ordered alot of jewelry and clothing from evine and I think the only time I had to sign for something was one of MV's rings that came directly from Canada.  In fact, it was just recently that this happened and my husband signed for it since I was at work. 

Esteemed Contributor

I’ve never had to sign for anything. Everything is dropped in my mailbox or if by UPS/Fed Ex it’s dropped to the side of my front door 

Honored Contributor

Hey all. SIgned for it, no biggie. Request came from Sender via a New York distribution center. Does Evine ship from New York? Does Samuel B?

In any event, there it is. Thanks for all the info; it appears to be a ******-shoot as to whether you sign or not. 

Esteemed Contributor

I think the culprit is UPS. I experienced the same thing several years ago. I live in a townhouse, and there were several UPS-delivered packages that supposedly were delivered, but the purchaser(s) didn't receive the items. UPS decided to have packages signed for because of that. I called UPS and talked to a supervisor and complained. I also stopped ordering anything that would be delivered by UPS. After awhile, they started leaving packages again with no signature required.

Contributor

I've never had to sign for Evine jewelry.

Respected Contributor

Weird that you would ask! I have ordered many, many jewelry items from Evine and NEVER had to sign for them, then,  lo and behold, last week,  FED EX suddenly  (via my ring doorbelll) told me I had to sign for a package- It was a $200 ring from Evine that came via Canada! I tp;d him to leave me the sop so I could sign and did, but it delayed delivery from Fri till on..

I have ordered many much more expensive items of jewelry from them and NEVER had to sign in the past- 

Hopefully, this is not the new "norm".....

Respected Contributor

@Mothertrucker wrote:

Weird that you would ask! I have ordered many, many jewelry items from Evine and NEVER had to sign for them, then,  lo and behold, last week,  FED EX suddenly  (via my ring doorbelll) told me I had to sign for a package- It was a $200 ring from Evine that came via Canada! I tp;d him to leave me the sop so I could sign and did, but it delayed delivery from Fri till on..

I have ordered many much more expensive items of jewelry from them and NEVER had to sign in the past- 

Hopefully, this is not the new "norm".....

@Mothertrucker  The reason it came FedEx and you had to sign is because you ordered a "final cut" Gems en Vogue item.  All his final cut pieces are sent directly from their headquarters in Canada, and they always send them FedEx, signature required.  I've order many of those items, so I now expect it.  I know that in a couple days there will be a sticker on my door when I get home, but I just sign it and it's delivered the next day.  The only problem is when I get a different driver who goes to my front door instead of my back door the next day.  Then it takes an extra day.

Laura loves cats!