Regular Contributor

If you took a Judith Ripka piece to an appraiser....

and didn't say it was a "famous" designer piece....you know it would be a lot lower than what you paid for it. Silver and diamonique or 14k clad and diamonique....she is over charging.
Regular Contributor

Re: If you took a Judith Ripka piece to an appraiser....

She sure is and from the other threads on this subject, I think more and more people are becoming less inclined to pay these prices. I've never bought any JR pieces myself - just not my style. But I think even the rabid fans of JR are getting fed up with her pricing.

Trusted Contributor

Not my style either, but these prices are just insane -for what you are getting. I am not taken with the name, and the stones and metals used, just don't justify the price.

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Regular Contributor

Her pieces are really pretty, but that's just not right to be charging people that. That's why I love Honora. They are a big name, but make their pieces on here affordable. I'm a pearl girl anyway.
Valued Contributor

I'm even happier with my Carolyn Pollack pieces when I see the JR prices.

Honored Contributor

Jewelry like this is not an investment. Buy what you love and can afford and wear it proudly!

Super Contributor

There is no designer piece which would ever be worth the price of the metal and/or stones. I am not a fan of clad or diamonique but something is worth only what someone is willing to pay. It may be worth it for you but it obviously is for many.

Honored Contributor

I saw the TSV on the main page last night.....with the larger than life ""JR""...I thought it was Joan Rivers. Just sayin'

Valued Contributor

Even knowing the designer name, ANY jeweler worth their salt will take ONE look at ANYTHING that is 'clad' or has faux jewels and/or faux diamonds (i.e. diamonique) and they will NOT even make an offer! They'll tell you they won't take it!! And that's the truth!

Don't even kid yourself that her 'name' will sell it ANYWHERE but on the Q! And maybe on ebay but at a FRACTION of the price paid (and only because so called collectors are willing to spend $ to buy it).

REAL stones and SOLID gold will possibly get you somewhere at a jeweler, but nothing less!

Respected Contributor

I agree they are making huge profits on this Jewerly. They have priced me way out of the game. I have one regret that years ago I did not purchase the Blue Topez and Amethyst Heart Necklace offered years ago. At the time, I thought it was just too expensive. About $186 I think. I don't think her designs are as nice as they were and maybe they cut corners. Anyway, I can't afford to buy them.