Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: If you sold all of your gold jewelry within the last five years, do you now regret it?

I didn't sell all of it, but I did sell some very nice pieces and I am now regretting it immensely. I could never ever afford to have items like that again. I talked myself into selling them with my thought being -- well, you hardly ever wear them and you could really use the money. Well, the money is long gone and so is the jewelry! If I had to do it all over, I would never sell these pieces.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Re: If you sold all of your gold jewelry within the last five years, do you now regret it?

I should have kept a couple of pieces but mostly no regrets.

Super Contributor

No Regrets, I sold ALL items I never wear $4, 000 took my daughter to Disney World. Great Decision
Valued Contributor

Not really, most of it was yellow gold bought in the 90s that I hadn't worn in ages and I considered what I got for it found money.

Honored Contributor

On 1/11/2015 MarieIG said:

No, I didn't sell any, I couldn't afford to buy the stuff I have.

Ford, didn't you sell it for a procedure for you teeth? I couldn't think of a better reason to sell.

Yes, I did . . . you have a good memory. However, the work I had done on my teeth at that time (not this new work I've had in the past few months) was not good work and is being redone. That kinda stings. I didn't sell jewelry this time though, I just saved up for a year. I am in the process of saving up again for the rest of it, which I will do late this spring or early summer. Then I'm done forever (however long that will be)!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Contributor

On 1/12/2015 Ford1224 said:

Ford, didn't you sell it for a procedure for you teeth? I couldn't think of a better reason to sell.

Yes, I did . . . you have a good memory. However, the work I had done on my teeth at that time (not this new work I've had in the past few months) was not good work and is being redone. That kinda stings. I didn't sell jewelry this time though, I just saved up for a year. I am in the process of saving up again for the rest of it, which I will do late this spring or early summer. Then I'm done forever (however long that will be)!

Hi Ford! I remember you too. You were trying to find an honest dentist, and hopefully you finally found one. I thought I had found one, but I am back to looking again. Good luck on your new dental work.

Respected Contributor

I sold a few things because I was tired of them. I don't regret it because they were all yellow gold which I just don't wear as much anymore. In fact, the older I get, the less interest I have in my jewelry.

I can understand your missing some pieces if the dentist did a poor job. That has to be really infuriating!

Contributor

On 1/12/2015 blondie1001 said:
On 1/12/2015 Ford1224 said:

Hi Ford! I remember you too. You were trying to find an honest dentist, and hopefully you finally found one. I thought I had found one, but I am back to looking again. Good luck on your new dental work.

Sorry about the OT

Respected Contributor

No. I needed the cash and sold when gold was at the highest. In the end, I can't take it with me and I am sure others wouldn't appreciate it anyway.

Valued Contributor

No regrets!!