Respected Contributor

Victoria Wieck is having quite the humdinger of a TSV tonight, 12/20.  Just sayin'

I ordered mine already, as they already dropped the price of the ring.  I love Ethiopian opals.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: If you love opals...

[ Edited ]

@Jersey Born...where? HSN, Evine, JTV? Give me a hint

Respected Contributor

The other network beginning with Evin_.  

The number is 167-019.

Honored Contributor

@Jersey Born. It's OK to say Evine or HSN.

Honored Contributor

OMG!  I love, love Victoria Wieck.  I have so much of her jewelry I've bought when she was on HSN.

Thanks for the info, I'll go over and check it out.  I have some beautiful opal.

I have the most amazing ring.  It's very, very large with green opal and stones around it.  Fits on the middle or pointer finger.

I read recently that the only true (and best quality) are green opals.  I was curious because I have a beautiful pink one but most are green one's.

Have you ever heard that about opals?  I'm curious as an opal lover what you've heard?

My green one's are all Ethopian opals.

Honored Contributor

I thought she left HSN.  That looks like an HSN number though.

Which place is it?

Honored Contributor

Just looked it's on EVINE at 8:00 tonight.

Honored Contributor

Victoria apparently hasn't learned that less is more.  That ring is way too busy; too many gemstones, too much going on.  I much prefer my Michael V. Ethiopian opal.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Well, he has a new solitaire Ethiopian opal ring, too, but it is not on sale price yet.  It has the silver and gold plated metal surrounding it, if you prefer that.

I usually am a gemstone purist, but I find that Ethiopian opals can be set off brilliantly with coordinating gemstones that pick out and play off of colors inherent to the opal they surround.

Respected Contributor

Annabellethecat, I love all opals, if they show any flashes of color at all and are not opaque white without adding a base of onyx or lapis under the stone.

I love pink, in particular, so I wouldn't care if an opal stone with predominately pink flashes had less intrinsic value.  I would personally value it more.  That said, I haven't yet seen a green/blue flashing opal that I didn't like.  Any opals with vivid color flashes are lovely and fun to wear and look at closely.  

I don't really know very much about them except for the alleged fact that Ethiopian opals are not fragile like Australian opals are.  Color play is very important to all opals, and the more the better.  Which colors, though, are the most highly coveted and valued, I have no idea, unless it is green, like you have stated.