Honored Contributor

Re: If Anyone Loves Morganite......

Now it's on CLEARANCE for $249!!   Crazy!

@software wrote:

Yes, I actually went ahead and ordered one in aquamarine, my birthstone for $212.

When I went to bed I starting thinking maybe I should get one in morganite, too, at that price.   The next morning it was $224.   Still a decent price but I'll wait.    It may show up again on clearance!   14k is relatively easy to size, if necessary

@nova wrote:

@software   I've always liked that ring - look at the discount during gold day prices!  It just goes to show the markup on jewelry on any given day!  

@nova 

Honored Contributor

Many here know more about gems than I, but wanted to say I had a Morganite ring altered to a pendent.  The goldsmith told me to protect it from prolonged exposure to sunlight.

I believe that he is correct, but I'm not going to test it out!  Just wear the pendent for evening, or when I'm going to be inside.

Y'all enjoy! 

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

@Drythe   It's actually kunzite that shouldn't have constant exposure to sunlight.  Morganite is fine to be worn all day as a pendant.  I like your creativity.  Enjoy your pendant.Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@software  I'm glad you bought your aquamarine ing at the special price which was even better than clearance!  I hope you wear it often!

Honored Contributor

@nova 

Thanks for the info.

I have both, just to be safe,

will protect both from the sunlight!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

@Drythe   Sounds like you have a beautiful collection!  I used to work for a major jewelry store & received extensive training in colored gemstones & earned a certificate in diamonds.  Both kunzite and morganite are exotic stones - rare and prized for color.  Neither stone is anywhere near as hard as a diamond (or even sapphire).  Kunzite was sometimes called "an evening stone" since long-term direct exposure to sunlight would affect the color.  Morganite is in the beryl family - like emerald & aquamarine - so it's not a very tough stone at all.  I have a morganite bracelet that i honestly save for special occasions since I don't want to bang it around too much.  Pendants are usually safe bets for soft or exotic stones.  Enjoy your pieces!

Honored Contributor

@nova wrote:

@Drythe   Sounds like you have a beautiful collection!  I used to work for a major jewelry store & received extensive training in colored gemstones & earned a certificate in diamonds.  Both kunzite and morganite are exotic stones - rare and prized for color.  Neither stone is anywhere near as hard as a diamond (or even sapphire).  Kunzite was sometimes called "an evening stone" since long-term direct exposure to sunlight would affect the color.  Morganite is in the beryl family - like emerald & aquamarine - so it's not a very tough stone at all.  I have a morganite bracelet that i honestly save for special occasions since I don't want to bang it around too much.  Pendants are usually safe bets for soft or exotic stones.  Enjoy your pieces!

@nova 

A kindred spirit!  DH says I never met a gem stone I didn’t like.  Not true, I never met a great gem stone I didn’t  like.  Really love Beryls.  

I revised the morganite from ring to / pendant for exactly that reason.  I’m a clutz. 

Trusted Contributor

@Drythe  No - not a klutz - sounds like you're a smart woman!!