Respected Contributor

Re: IS Small Jewelry In Style Right Now?

On 1/3/2015 queendiva said:

small. delicate pendant necklaces are in fashion .

Yes but also big statement necklaces are in style. I guess it's 2 ends of the spectrum.Smiley Happy

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Honored Contributor

On 1/3/2015 wildcat fan said:
On 1/3/2015 queendiva said:

small. delicate pendant necklaces are in fashion .

This is good to hear! I prefer these compared to the big chunky statement necklaces.

Big chunky necklaces are also in style.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Yes, seems like dainty necklaces are the rage. I also notice those bar necklaces are everywhere. I like the layered look of small pendants, especially ones that have meaning. I still like wearing a variety of pieces large or small as it relates to my mood or the outfit.

It always makes me laugh how the ladies in Hollywood always have to copy each other and wear the same styles because they are told that's what is "in."

I think we ladies here probably have more style than they do! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Trusted Contributor

I tend to like wearing the more substantial necklaces when I'm wearing a jacket. Those dainty necklaces I have to adjust all the time with a collar or jacket as the chains never stay right. I always dislike having to adjust my jewelry to stay in place.

I like both really... it's nice to wear a different style for a different mood.

Super Contributor

I only wear small pieces, the chunky ones look just silly on me. Being petite, I look like a little girl who got into Mommy's jewelry box when I try to wear the statement pieces.

Honored Contributor

I wear them together. Sometimes I wear my trinity silver with my big pieces and other days I wear my 14k yellow diamond with big pieces. It's all good. Wear what you like. Staement necklaces usually hide the little dainty piece but you will not wear the statement necklace all day and night, to the supermarket, etc. I wear long pendants with my dainty pieces. Layering clothes and jewelry is fine as long as it is tastefully done.

Honored Contributor

On 1/3/2015 DARING GREATLY said:

Yes, seems like dainty necklaces are the rage. I also notice those bar necklaces are everywhere. I like the layered look of small pendants, especially ones that have meaning. I still like wearing a variety of pieces large or small as it relates to my mood or the outfit.

It always makes me laugh how the ladies in Hollywood always have to copy each other and wear the same styles because they are told that's what is "in."

I think we ladies here probably have more style than they do! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

The "ladies in Hollywood" copy each other ..... since when ? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

I rarely see people wearing the exact same styles .... usually that's to be avoided. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Honored Contributor

On 1/3/2015 cuddlesmama said:

I was watching Mally the other day and she had on a very small initial and cross pendant. It looked really cute but they were very small and was just wondering is this in style now?

Usually Mally wears larger pieces, if I'm not mistaken ... maybe it was a gift from one of her kids.

Personally, I don't like teeny little pieces, but if you're a petite gal, they actually work better. Like many things in fashion, it depends on proportion. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Trusted Contributor

Yes they are. But so are large statement pieces. Anything goes. I myself, prefer to wear whatever you don't see coming and going regardless of the size. I've seen pieces in both camps that are beautiful and eye-catching.

Trusted Contributor

On 1/3/2015 DARING GREATLY said:

I agree with your comment about Hollywood women. They are like sheep and we probably have more individualism. Many of them have no style at all, just a lot of money. There is a handful of women in Hollywood who really know how to dress.