Honored Contributor

IS JAI THE ONLY JEWELER LEFT?

Other than a few appearances from Danny and Carolyn Pollack, is Jai the only designer jewelry left on Q? Many of the ones I remember have left. Even PTR has gone back to just skincare.

Honored Contributor

Re: IS JAI THE ONLY JEWELER LEFT?

I don't know but I don't particularly like the jewelry or Scott Grimes.  I find him to be kind of silly.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I don't know but I don't particularly like the jewelry or Scott Grimes.  I find him to be kind of silly.

@Kachina624   I don't mind him, but am tiring of what seems to be slim pickins' in the jewelry department. His designs are getting repetitious. You can really only wear one piece at a time without looking like a magazine ad. 

Honored Contributor

I like the jewelry, but prices have sure gone up.  I looked at a few things today, that would have been over $300 with tax and shipping 

Respected Contributor

@Shanus: No, Jai is not the only one. Type: JEWELRY in search box. There are still some of the same vendors with the Q.

Trusted Contributor

I bought a couple JAI pieces today.  My sister gave me a beatiful piece after our beloved crossed introducing me to the line.  I love it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not a fan of oxidation.  I love very white silver (Ultra Fine)  Yes his jewelry does tend to be repetitious.  I didn't buy anything today.  I need my money for food, toilet paper and sanitizers.  Tomorrow I'll tackle the supermarket. 

Incidently, he does look familiar.  I think I mght have seen him on Gem Shopping Network.  Dallas Prince shows up there armed to the teeth in 18K, diamonds and platinum, with some gems thrown in.  I think he does too.  He must have a gold and diamond/gem line. No silver anywhere when he's on that show.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I own several pieces of Jai, but am not much of a fan of the line, overall. It's possible I could add another piece or two down the road, but there's nothing I can't live without. I do think the line is overpriced for silver, am sure he's a nice guy, but am not fond of the vendor, and to tell the truth vastly preferred the predecessor line, Angela by John Hardy, to anything I've seen offered by Jai.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb   I purchased one cuff during his first show. To me one is enough. I can stack with my others of different styles. I like when jewelry looks collected over time...not purchased from one designer. I found that out many years ago with Yurman. Purchased and was gifted many pieces, but could only wear one at a time. I've since given them to DD, DIL and saved the rest for the 2 granddaughters. 

Honored Contributor

Not a fan of the Jai line or the vendor at all.  My favorite was Hagit Gorali, and she's never on any more.