Honored Contributor

Re: IS IT STILL STEEL BY DESIGN?

Just a quick update on the crosses and tassel bangle I mentioned in my original post-- 

https://www.qvc.com/Stainless-Steel-Crosses-and-Tassel-Charm-Bangle.product.J331233.html?sc=SRCH

I have worn it daily since getting it, continuing to layer it, and it makes my stack of bracelets look more interesting!  I love the way the tassel moves around.  It's very, very sturdy. 

The little hook was rather "open",  so hubby tightened it by bending it back slightly, and the loop doesn't slip off at all.  It also had the effect of making the bracelet's circumferance slightly smaller, which I needed-- the 7 1/4 inch size is overly roomy, I think.   Anyway, a fun buy that is holding up well!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell   Try coating your SS with clear nail polish (just try one piece).  I know that's a remedy to coat some jewelry  for people who have allergies to  certain pieces.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznell 

I still check out Steel by Design and am currently thinking about buying one of the omega style necklaces.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Thank you for the idea, @Pearlee!

@Bird mama, I've never checked the steel omegas-- didn't know they had them.  Will have to look!

Super Contributor

@Oznell : I have to try the Q stainless steel pieces. I don't buy too much stainless steel due to migraines. I have a TOUS (a company from Spain that features a cute bear as their trademark)stainless steel earrings and the first time I put them on, a migraine started, I had to put alcohol on the earrings' posts and on my earlobes. Then after a few minutes, the migraine was gone. Sometimes, I had to do that with Sterling silver and gold pieces.

Honored Contributor

Wow, that is so interesting, @Margui.  I hope that phenomenon was just a transitory one and goes away permanently-- you don't want to be risking migraines with your jewelry, that's for sure.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell 

Have never been able to wear silver with any success, no rash, it immediately turns my skin black where it touches.

While I was out West, someone suggested I coat anyplace that touches me with clear nail polish.  It works!  While I haven’t purchased sterling in years, this does allow me to wear the old pieces I have.

Happy shopping!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Thanks, helpful @Drythe!