Respected Contributor

Re: INVICTA ABALONE SCUBA WATCH ?

Kachina:  I was debating the watch you ordered.  I really like it and couldn't decide between the black and the irridescent.  Enjoy your new watch.  And let us know when it arrives and what you think.

Honored Contributor

Not sure how well they sell, but these dive cases are sold on Ebay ....   or throw it in your next Goodwill donation bag.    Someone will have a use for them.

Respected Contributor

I agree with everyone,  I'd rather have a lower price and no dive case.  But I have found a use for some of them.... after removing the foam insert on the bottom.   I use a small 3 slot box as a sewing box and a larger 8 slot box as storage for tools.   I tried to give some 8 slot boxes away,  but no one wanted them!!!!

Respected Contributor

Tinkerbl:  looks like that abalone scuba will be the top value for tomorrow, Tuesday.  It's being shown in the 11pm EDT, show tonight.  Pricing for top values is usually 30% off the regular price.... sometimes more during an event.

Respected Contributor

Tinkerbl:  The watch is down to $139.

Honored Contributor

@Lavenderjunkie   @JavaQueen   @sparklestar  @Kachina624

I'm afraid I'm going to have to go for it .... as my Christmas present from Me to Me .....

Question .......  do you also purchase the zero hassle warranty?  I lnow nothing about Evine's warranties.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Lavenderjunkie   @JavaQueen   

I'm afraid I'm going to have to go for it .... as my Christmas present from Me to Me .....

Question .......  do you also purchase the zero hassle warranty?  I lnow nothing about Evine's warranties.

@Lavenderjunkie@JavaQueen  Is the same old Invicta warranty still in effect?  If it is, @Tinkrbl44 won't need to buy an extra warranty?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Congratulations on the new watch.   I saw the presentation last night,  and it's really pretty.   If I didn't already have more then 1 abalone dial watch (I went a little nuts when they first came out),  I would have ordered the Scuba.

When you buy an Invicta from Evine, you can get an extended warranty,  up to 5 years,  for free, as long as you register the watch with Invicta (on line or mailing the forms) within 30 days of purchase date.  I just checked the web site and the info is there under the warranty tab.

As for extended warranties.... I never buy them.  I haven't looked into the details,  but generally they aren't worth it.

A quick review of the one offered by Square Trade (at Evine) looks good, on the surface.   But you won't know what's included until you read all the fine print.   Also,  you are increasing the cost of the watch, betting that if there is a failure, that is covered, and  it will occur in the warranty period.  Could happen.   But with quartz watches, these days,  if they work for the first 30 days, when you can return them,  they will usually last for at least 2 years,  some for much longer.   Of course we have all had watches fail in shorter time periods.... it can happen.  

Watch warranties, in general,  only cover the movement.... not the bracelet, crystal, stem, etc.  And if the problem with the movement is due to misuse.... and they can prove it....(like water seepage because the crown wasn't secured),  then the warranty is voided.

In any event,  most manufacturers charge shipping and handling for service under warranty.  Last time I looked, Invictas S&H was around $30,  could be higher now.  And you need to pay to ship/insure the watch to get it to them.  Bottom line,  on an inexpensive watch it often doesn't even pay to use the warranty service.

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 your watch is on Evine at a special price.  $139.38.  6 Value pay

Honored Contributor

I can't believe that Evine is still having watch shows!! It's been going on a week now.