Honored Contributor

INVICTA ABALONE SCUBA WATCH ?

Anyone have this ?    

It keeps catching my eye, and I'm hoping for a few reviews ...   TIA!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: INVICTA ABALONE SCUBA WATCH ?

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44  I have an Invicta large-scale abalone watch that was a TS sometime in the past year.  It's very colorful and attractive but, of the 150 or so watches that I own, it's the hardest to read.  When I look to see the time, I have to search through all the swirls of abalone to find the hands.  Mine's a chrono so I have to search through that too

I happen to be wearing it today.

20161002_181733.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 are you talking about Invicta 38mm or 50mm TI-22 Scuba Diver Automatic Abalone Dial Bracelet Watch w/ One-Slot Dive Case - 638-868?  I came close to ordering this several times because I love Abalone and it's different from anything I own.  I can't do more than a 38mm and that's pushing it.  My wrist is just too small.  I love a lot of the Invicta watches but they are just too large in size.  Anyway, I didn't order it because the reviews said the titanium scratched too easily. 

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44  I ordered this Invicta Friday when it was a ODO.

638-908_00_swatch.jpg

Honored Contributor

@sparklestar wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 are you talking about Invicta 38mm or 50mm TI-22 Scuba Diver Automatic Abalone Dial Bracelet Watch w/ One-Slot Dive Case - 638-868?  I came close to ordering this several times because I love Abalone and it's different from anything I own.  I can't do more than a 38mm and that's pushing it.  My wrist is just too small.  I love a lot of the Invicta watches but they are just too large in size.  Anyway, I didn't order it because the reviews said the titanium scratched too easily. 

@sparklestar

38mm   640 318 .....   I thought it was a deployment, but they don't have sizes S, Avg, etc .... is it just links to add or remove?   

I obviously don't have to get it today, but it's caling to me .... lol

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 It's beautiful.  You would have to have links removed, the face is 38mm and the bracelet is 7 1/2 inches or 50mm is 9 inches on the length.

Honored Contributor

High quality watches don't come s,m,l like QVC's.  You have a jeweler remove links or do it yourself, which I usually do.

By the way, my abalone watch is 38mm.  The larger size is way too large for most women and too heavy.  I bought one once bit couldn't take the weight of it.

I wish they'd keep the ugly dive cases and knock the value off the price of the watch.  What am I going to do with a dive case?  Who takes a case diving?  For that matter, who dives?

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 I know ... what would one do with that thing?  I know they have some for women, but they are not nearly as cool as the mens.  I wish they would offer more for women.

Respected Contributor

There is another Scuba, which is a quartz. A special. I hate those "dive boxes." Total waste. I tried repurposing, I really did. But you can only do so much with so many.

Total landfill fodder. Sigh.

I'm not "feeling' these watches this time. 

Respected Contributor

I love the Invicta abalone dials.   Yes, they can be more difficult to read,  especially the ones with the chrongraph subdials.  I have several of the 38mm abalone watches,  but not the Scuba you selected.  

I do have several other 38mm Scuba, and they are comfortable watches to wear,  although they have thick cases.

Looking at the specific watch you picked out 640 318..... very attractive.  But.... it's a chinese made quartz movement. and the watch has a low level of water resistance.  So,  it's a fashion watch.... For the right price,  if you like the style,  go for it.   I think the price is too high,  but I'm guessing it will be a special this week,  so keep checking on line.