Respected Contributor

Re: I wish Gem Day was still affordable

On 1/8/2015 namealreadytaken said:

The economy stinks and inflation is robust even though no one is willing to admit it. The middle class is going, going, gone.

That's exactly right.

Trusted Contributor

Teacher, 40 years-no pay raise for 8 years. Even the easypay this year is out of my league. But I guess we can enjoy the window shopping! The commenter above is correct, however, as I have heard big complaints about no good jewelry being sold and too much bronzo and resin filled items as opposed to solid gold. If I were spending this kind of money, I agree, I would want to see it in person before spending. But, thanks Q for the fun day.

And it is not Dyson, Vionics, or computers/tablets!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Go to JTV for affordable, stylish gem jewelry. Today is their Gem Day too.

Occasional Contributor

I agree that thier prces are out of reach and that they all should be event prices. Why aren't clearence prices on easy pay? So far nothing within reason has made my heart beat fast and the settings for the most part are just plain silver or gold. I shop now with ShopHQ and love Michael V. His jewelry is beautiful and different and when they have events everything is on six value pays and are reduced quit a bit. QVC has gone downhill in my opinion and is boring .
Honored Contributor

On 1/8/2015 namealreadytaken said:

The economy stinks and inflation is robust even though no one is willing to admit it. The middle class is going, going, gone.

Other sources like JTV still have gemstone jewelry at very reasonable prices. It is not the economy - it is pure profiteering.

Respected Contributor

On 1/8/2015 Chrystaltree said:

...yeah..yeah...yeah Cry me a river. You could ride a bus for a dime, a cup of coffee costs 25 cents, bread was 40 cents a loaf and a good pair of shoes cost $10....lol That was then, this is now. Get over it.

So rude! 'Get over it'? WHO ARE YOU?? People are voicing opinions, which is what this board is for.

Everything is relative and in context. Don't know your age, but I've never seen a 40 cent loaf of bread.Give me a break.

Yes, times change, prices go up.

Esteemed Contributor

I've got so much I don't wear as it is- it's time to revisit my older pieces! Remember when the glitterball charms (about the size of a medium size marble, came in all different gemstones) were shown constantly on shopping channels? I rarely wore my 14k garnet one! Now I've been wearing it daily and getting compliments galore.

Honored Contributor

Today's lineup isn't even fun to watch if you can't afford any of it. Sure there are a couple - and I MEAN a couple of items $99 and under but do I like them? Do I want any of them? No and no.

Yes, I too remember jewelry/gem days gone by and I would be buying tons of items and LOVED them all. These days are truly gone baby gone.

And I do check in periodically to see what's on but quickly turn the channel as I shake my head in dismay. So sad, gem days are no longer fun.

Contributor

Amen. I agree completely. This is not a day for the middle class income in my opinion. I feel like a queen is watching and buying her jewelry. And the pieces are overpriced in my opinion.

Respected Contributor

QVC can make it affordable. I look on JTV or even Blue Nile and they have gemstone rings for 60.00 to 95.00 in Sterling.