Valued Contributor

I wish Gem Day was still affordable

Remembering the good old gem days/weeks on QVC when they would offer affordable gemstones like red garnet, peridot, blue topaz, citrine, etc. and also offered many artisan crafted pieces with gemstones. I used to really enjoy gem days and usually purchased several items; not today. Maybe just my opinion, but I think they are pricing themselves right out of the gemstone business. I hope Jane and Peyton are reading this, because we need less exotic and rare gemstones that are either miniscule in size or prohibitively expensive and more larger, beautiful traditional gemstones that we (or at least I) can afford. PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Super Contributor

Re: I wish Gem Day was still affordable

I agree with you, but I have a feeling that those days are over. I prefer the opaque gemstones, such as turquoise, jade, jasper, etc. I own quite a bit and inherited more from my mom, but it's always fun to look and treat yourself once in a while. I was shocked at some of the prices of the pieces that they are showing today....$1000 and up. Way out of my budget, and not for my lifestyle.

Contributor

I found a few things in earlier shows but I agree, the Morganite Show is crazy expensive..in the thousands!!

Esteemed Contributor

Shhh, don't let the Q hear you, all things considered, its so much better viewing than the beds, computers, vitamix, electronics, etc!!!

Honored Contributor

Me, too

Contributor

I am shocked at the prices. Who can afford them. I love gemstones. I have not seen anything to catch my eye. Thank Goodness. I would have to mortgage my house to buy anything.

Honored Contributor

On 1/8/2015 buckie from virginia said:

I am shocked at the prices. Who can afford them. I love gemstones. I have not seen anything to catch my eye. Thank Goodness. I would have to mortgage my house to buy anything.

ITA

Respected Contributor

You can't blame QVC ... it's the cost of the product and it's like that no matter where you shop.

Regular Contributor

I used to buy at the gem stone sales at the Q but like the other replies I couldn't agree more that it's way to expensive for me. So I now shop for jewelry at JTV. They have price points for everyone. And the morganite is affordable for everyone as well. The pieces I've bought are very nice and well made and they have a good service and reps to help you out. I shopped at Christmas time and got some really nice pieces for gifts. This is the place to get a nice piece of bling for a whole lot less. Oh and their CZ simulant Bella Luce is so well worth it and great prices too, you have to check it out, you won't be disappointed in the selection, since jewelry ( and jewelry related items) is all they sell.

Contributor

On 1/8/2015 colliegirls said:

Shhh, don't let the Q hear you, all things considered, its so much better viewing than the beds, computers, vitamix, electronics, etc!!!

Actually I agree!! Many pieces not affordable but so fun to watch!