Frequent Contributor

I washed my watch by mistake and...

I accidently washed my watch.. It is 

J282525

Gossip Hinged Goldtone Leather Strap Watch. It came out of the wash without a dent a scratch or any moisture whatsoever in the case. Amazging for a $20 plus tax watch. Needless to say, I orderded 3 more!

Honored Contributor

Re: I washed my watch by mistake and...

Thank you for that information and i will check it out.

p.s.

I was at a garage sale last week and i looked at a Gossip watch but it wasn't working 

so i asked the price she wanted $20.00

I didn't buy it..If she valued it that much why didn't she replace the dead battery..if that was the problem??

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Respected Contributor

Good thing you didn't put it in the dryer...lol   It might not have survived that.  I own three Gossip watches; all are several years old now.  I wear the frequently they look and perform perfectly. 

Respected Contributor

Probably because it cost more to replace the battery. Is it worth changing the battery on a $20 watch. If they do it for free, why not? Otherwise, you might as well spend a little more, for something that lasts a long time and would require few battery changes. Cheaper watches usually have battery hungry movements. That's why they usually have the little plastic ring holding the crown in place.  OP was really lucky. Most of the time, those kind of watches die after going through the wash cycle.

Frequent Contributor

There is a jewelry store near me that does not charge for batteries. I have a lot of inexpensive watches and I keep the stems out. I just like to wear them for fashion more than anything.

When my daughter was a little girl I let her wear my 'Cinderella watch".. well it was in her pants pocket and I washed it and it got rusty.. The jeweler actually told me I should have put it in the dryer right away. Well, that was sad, because it had sentimental value.... isn't this always the way?